Bitzenburger Jig Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bitzenburger Jig Question

I just purchased a Left Wing Bitzenburger Jig from a fellow TBH'er and want to fletch 4 x 4" parabolic feathers on 90 Degrees with as much helical as possible. Can someone tell me how to set the Jig for maximum helical?

Thanks.

Doug Key

Put a shaft in the jig and loosen the top and bottom left/right adjustment knobs. Put a feather in the clamp the distance that you want it from the nock. Put the clamp on the jig an play with the upper and lower adjustments until you get what you want. Go too far and the quill will runoff the shaft. Hope this helps.

Comment

like he said, loosen them up and play. A bitzenburger is really a pain to get set up with the helical/offset you want and good contact. Especially on 4"-5" feathers. However once you get it set just perfect that thing is a machine. Once I finally got mine set I swore if I wanted to try something else I would buy another to play with before I moved that one.

Comment

This is how mine is set. About max I could get with 3x4". But my shafts are large diameter. If you are shooting skinny shafts it may differ.

Gary

Comment

Haven’t changed mine much since the 70’s tradguy. Has worked for me with wood, aluminum, microflight, and carbon.

Comment

Look at DRT's picture at the bottom, that is where the 4 fletch adjustment is made.

Like mentioned in every post, practice before you glue to insure proper fletching contact.

You do know that 4 fletch with the most helical is going to have twice as much drag as a spiral fletched flu flu?

I'd make one arrow as you have described and try out before you do a dozen arrows. I have made one arrow with 4" fletching with a lot of helical and it is not much different than a regular flu flu.

Comment

Make sure your fletcher can even do 90 degrees. Mine 75x105 and not 90.

Comment

Thanks for all of your comments and suggestions. I will definitely experiment with the suggestions. Good shooting.

Doug

Comment

Working...
                X