X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NxSTexan View Post
    I don't have a choice, it's where I drew a permit. 🤷🏻*♂️[emoji28]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bloody hell Tapatalk, you don't have the ability to read properly gendered emojis? It's a travesty that we have to use them at all, give us the Male versions at least. 🤨

Comment

I entered and won for this year! I'm new to Texas and new to hunting so I must have had first timers luck getting drawn for this. I'm a few hours north myself so scouting anytime other then on weekends will be tough for me but I'm looking forward to giving it my all. I picked up OnX maps so when i do get the chance to spend some time out there I can mark up my map for possible spots to set the pop up blind. If anyone has any tips it would be much appreciated & look forward to meeting everyone on the Oct. 20.

Comment

I dont have to argue with someone about deer being out there or not, for those that got drawn i consider myself very jealous of yall as i put in for granger every year to deer hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by txhushlife View Post
          I dont have to argue with someone about deer being out there or not, for those that got drawn i consider myself very jealous of yall as i put in for granger every year to deer hunt.
          Well of you ever do want to get drawn it would be a good idea not to talk about it on the internet. worst thing that's happened to that place but since there's no deer out there anyway just tired of them **** deer hunters spooking all my pigs

Comment

Seeing as to how its no secret, and its PUBLIC land and a community of hunting, i think ill continue to talk and help out whoever i can, when i can. you can continue to spill your hate as you want. if you know what your doing then you shouldnt have much problem with a few deer hunters spoiling your pig hunt.....im sure a deer hunter getting drawn would feel pretty upset seeing a pig hunter coming in on possibly his one chance all year to harvest a deer. you should learn to look at it from both sides of the fence....if you want your own place theres plenty of land and leases available to where your pigs cant be spooked by anyone else.

Comment

If everyone could keep quiet about the big ones, no one would know...
              A google search turned up a bunch of threads on here about big Granger bucks.

This is probably the most famous and drew all the attention.

Comment

Originally posted by Spoiled_TN_boy View Post
                If everyone could keep quiet about the big ones, no one would know...
                A google search turned up a bunch of threads on here about big Granger bucks.

This is probably the most famous and drew all the attention.
                Yep some idiots like to brag and show off and it does nothing but ruin the place but hey there's no deer there anyway! people just need to learn to keep their mouth shut and not ruin all my pig holes

Y'all have fun out there boys. Watch your crap it will disappear in a heart beat I've already had 2 cams stolen since dove season started.

Comment

Originally posted by txhushlife View Post
                  Seeing as to how its no secret, and its PUBLIC land and a community of hunting, i think ill continue to talk and help out whoever i can, when i can. you can continue to spill your hate as you want. if you know what your doing then you shouldnt have much problem with a few deer hunters spoiling your pig hunt.....im sure a deer hunter getting drawn would feel pretty upset seeing a pig hunter coming in on possibly his one chance all year to harvest a deer. you should learn to look at it from both sides of the fence....if you want your own place theres plenty of land and leases available to where your pigs cant be spooked by anyone else.
                  Don't take the bait, I'm sure they would love everybody to get angry and cussing at each other, and then poof this thread is deleted like the other Granger threads in the past LOL

Comment

I saw a very wide 8ptr in Pecan Grove last Saturday. I'd say he was close to 20". He was bedded down with 4 does on a finger in the brown grass just off the spillway. We counted 22 does during our 4 hour rain walk. Found a nice ladder stand and pvc feeder about middle ways in just before the deep gulley. I was thinking to myself, man this is a nice spot, turned around and hello stand! Beautiful area in there. You don't find that type of looking woods in TN!

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
                      Yep some idiots like to brag and show off and it does nothing but ruin the place but hey there's no deer there anyway! people just need to learn to keep their mouth shut and not ruin all my pig holes
                      Maybe they should put a 4 year blacklist on people that kill bucks there. This would allow some hunter turnover and keep new hunters coming in....

Comment

What would you say is the percentage of hunters that live close enough to hunt Granger on a regular weekend basis? How many would be there through the entire season not just during the last week in Nov/ first week Dec?

Looking at just wooded area (per OnX +/-25 acres):
                        Pecan Grove = 577 acres
                        Sore Finger = 186 acres
                        Willis Creek = 516 acres
                        San Gabriel = 900 acres

I plan on being out there every evening after work and each weekend from now until the end of season. My goal is to add my or my son's name to that buck picture book I keep hearing about.

Comment

What would you say is the percentage of hunters that live close enough to hunt Granger on a regular weekend basis? How many would be there through the entire season not just during the last week in Nov/ first week Dec?

Pecan Grove = 577 acres
                          Sore Finger = 186 acres
                          Willis Creek = 516 acres
                          San Gabriel = 900 acres

I plan on being out there every evening after work and each weekend from now until the end of season. My goal is to add my or my son's name to that buck picture book I keep hearing about.

Valid question in interested in the answer to.

Comment

Pecan Grove = 577 acres
                            Sore Finger = 186 acres
                            Willis Creek = 516 acres
                            San Gabriel = 900 acres

I am in Fort Worth so definitely not local but I plan on being there most weekends and I am taking off a few days during the weekdays to get out there when things are a little more quiet.

Comment

I'd say 10% of who gets drawn actually puts in more than 4 sits/hunts. The new online e-postcard makes it dang near impossible for locals to get drawn via the online draw.

I think they know this, which is why bordering landowners get MLD tags and season starts 3 weeks late for the WMA.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

How many permits are usually up for grabs from no shows on orientation day? Do a lot of people show up for the re-raffle?

Comment

Working...
                                X