2018 TPWD Draw Hunts - let the fun begin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Phorizt View Post
    I've never heard of this program. Definitely gonna check it out for my son who is starting to hunt this year.
    Kids have to be 9 years old and have completed their Hunters Safety. It is an awesome program.

Comment

Perfect. My son is 10 and enrolled for his hunters safety course in August.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Phorizt View Post
        Perfect. My son is 10 and enrolled for his hunters safety course in August.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        The TYHP program is phenomenal. It's given me the opportunity to make life long memories with each of my children. My sons have been fortunate to go on several hunts over the years and every one was a great experience. My daughter is in the program now and has taken a turkey the last two spring seasons and hopes to harvest her first deer this upcoming season with TYHP. The staff, volunteers and landowners are all great people. Check it out, you'll be glad that you did.

Sent from my LG-H634 using Tapatalk

Comment

[quote=OleTomTalker;13510359]
          Originally posted by uncle jesse View Post
          Entered my two youngest for the youth either s#x hunts last night. Hopefully they get drawn.

My oldest never got drawn for the either s#x hunts while he was eligible (8 yrs old thru 16 yrs old).

Wish he could have carried over the youth preference points to the adult hunt pool.[/QUOTE

Friend of mine at work said both of his kids did carry over their preference points when they moved to the adult category.
          Ya I think your friend is telling stories lol. I’m 32 and still show to have 7 loyalty points in youth GDE. A lot of good they are doing me

Comment

[quote=JayKen86;13517648]
            Originally posted by OleTomTalker View Post

Ya I think your friend is telling stories lol. I’m 32 and still show to have 7 loyalty points in youth GDE. A lot of good they are doing me
            Yeah, I'm curious to get him to show me now. Think he's mistaken. Maybe he's seeing that they still have preference points in the youth categories....

Comment

I put in for all the antelope hunts (yesterday was the deadline). I'm sure hoping I get drawn. Was hoping they would draw this afternoon for those hunts.

Comment

They've done the gator draws. I'm going to JD Murphree!!

Got drawn there last year too but it was canceled due to the hurricane.

Comment

Originally posted by Grizz83 View Post

Right on. I'm pending 2nd for Gator. so no gator hunt this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Grizz83 View Post

Us too...9/12-13!

Comment

Yep, same here.

Originally posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
                      Right on. I'm pending 2nd for Gator. so no gator hunt this year.

Comment

I am pending 2nd on both the pronghorn hunts. This is my first season putting in for these draws. What does the pending 2nd draw mean? Assuming it means better luck next year?

Comment

Ugh - Pending 2nd draw on Pronghorn...

Comment

Originally posted by RShockley View Post
                            I am pending 2nd on both the pronghorn hunts. This is my first season putting in for these draws. What does the pending 2nd draw mean? Assuming it means better luck next year?

Means that you didn't draw. People that did draw have a certain amount of time to purchase their permits. If they don't purchase them for whatever reason their permits will be put back in the "hopper" for a second draw. If all permits get purchased the first time there will not be a second draw.

Comment

Originally posted by kgrutzmacher View Post
                              Ugh - Pending 2nd draw on Pronghorn...
                              I'm about to check on my draw results in a bit when I get home. I've gotta do it on a laptop. For some reason the results won't show on my phone under the check status part. It cuts off half of the page.

Comment

23 yrs and 23 preference points and I still haven't drawn for Rita Blanca Pronghorn.

Comment

Working...
                                X