Official Lake Georgetown Public Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

So does anyone know if this gov shut down will close us down?

Comment

Looks like they closed it...

FORT WORTH, Texas – The Fort Worth District, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers announced today the closure of all Corps-operated campgrounds and day-use parks due to the Federal government shutdown.
        "The Fort Worth District regrets the impacts these closures might have on the numerous patrons who recreate at our facilities, and we are working to keep the public fully informed about the availability and status of those facilities," said Col. Charles Klinge, commander, Fort Worth District.

Comment

Originally posted by centexhunter01 View Post
          Looks like they closed it...

FORT WORTH, Texas – The Fort Worth District, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers announced today the closure of all Corps-operated campgrounds and day-use parks due to the Federal government shutdown.
          "The Fort Worth District regrets the impacts these closures might have on the numerous patrons who recreate at our facilities, and we are working to keep the public fully informed about the availability and status of those facilities," said Col. Charles Klinge, commander, Fort Worth District.

Intresting......Has anyone gone out to hunt and been turned away or seen signs saying closed for hunting? Any emails from Stacy?

Comment

Originally posted by TxMedic View Post
            I'm heading out in the morning...
            How did it go?

Comment

This is the word so far from Stacy,

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
              Caveats: NONE

As of now no, but I will not be able to address any questions, issues, or moves until the shutdown is over. You will not be able to enter any of the parks to use their trailheads. You will have to park at the other locations and required to carry your deer farther to reach Larry or LeRoy because the main gates will have to be closed and locked.

Thank you!

Stacy A. McLaughlin

Comment

As long as I can still hunt I don't mind walking further.

Comment

Me too

Comment

I helped Larry move the A frame closer to the gate. As of now, Wednesday and Sunday night deer can be checked in at Tejas and Thursday and Friday morning is at Russel. That is the only change to check in schedule. The people that hunt out at Tejas we just have to drag a little farther.

Comment

What about Saturdays?

Comment

I'm in my stand now. Nothing but the sounds of dropping acorns...

Comment

Same thing at my feeder. Some does showed up in the first half of Sept. But just a week before opening, they all disappeared. I found lots of acorn on the ground, it may be the reason.?

Comment

Originally posted by cy100 View Post
                            Same thing at my feeder. Some does showed up in the first half of Sept. But just a week before opening, they all disappeared. I found lots of acorn on the ground, it may be the reason.?
                            Basically same thing has happened to me.

Opening day I went in there, got called out....they never came back for days, I think because they have acorns all over.

I'll try again on Saturday after the cold front hits. I am going to go in real slow and silent this time hah.

Comment

Sitting here with nothing but the best morning view minus the deer

Comment

Any luck this morning?

Comment

Working...
                                X