No announcement yet.

Chaparral 2018 thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well checking the 10 day forecast and looks like a front is moving through on Monday, Dec 3rd. Not as cold as hoped but I guess we'll take it because supposed to be in the high 70s there this weekend. Lows in the low 40s, highs in low 60s for next week. Currently looks like a north to northeast wind every day. Also slight chance of rain on Friday, Dec 7th.

Comment

60s/40s is a good forecast down there.

Comment

That’s great weather for bow hunting and tent camping. Can’t wait.

Comment

Chap just posted the archery hunt compartments in Facebook!!

Comment

Heck yeah they look pretty good sized too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Anyone know if we are allowed to mix attractants into our corn? Like Buck Candy etc.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasTrophyBowhunter View Post
                Anyone know if we are allowed to mix attractants into our corn? Like Buck Candy etc.

Don't ask don't tell. Works for the military.

Comment

Originally posted by Spoiled_TN_boy View Post
                  Don't ask don't tell. Works for the military.

Hey I’m going to share my secrets for this place who knows when I’ll be able to go back! If I find some nice deer I’ll be sure to pass it on! I called the office and any attractant can be used

Comment

Hey I’m going to share my secrets for this place who knows when I’ll be able to go back! If I find some nice deer I’ll be sure to pass it on! I called the office and any attractant can be used

Corn Coat. You're welcome.

Comment

I should have been more specific. What I meant to say was just take it and use it. They don't inspect your vehicle and none of their literature states that it cannot be used.

Comment

Originally posted by Spoiled_TN_boy View Post
                        I should have been more specific. What I meant to say was just take it and use it. They don't inspect your vehicle and none of their literature states that it cannot be used.

Haha [emoji23] my bad

Comment

Not that it's that big of deal but looks like they slightly modified the hunt compartment map for next week's hunt. I printed out the original one that was posted and I compared it to the one I just received via email from Chap. Looks like they split a couple up and added one. Now looks like 25 compartments as compared to 22 in the original posting on Facebook.

Gonna take a couple more standbys???? Sounds like because of the rains, harvest numbers may be down and wonder if they may try and put a few more bowhunters out there next week.

UPDATE: I rechecked Facebook and they updated the map and stated they will be accepting 5 standby groups, up from 2 in the original post.
                          Last edited by WinslowBoy; 11-30-2018, 03:08 PM.

Comment

Yeah not to sure what’s going to happen hopefully things start to cool off a bit to get them deer moving

Comment

Originally posted by WinslowBoy View Post
                              Not that it's that big of deal but looks like they slightly modified the hunt compartment map for next week's hunt. I printed out the original one that was posted and I compared it to the one I just received via email from Chap. Looks like they split a couple up and added one. Now looks like 25 compartments as compared to 22 in the original posting on Facebook.

Gonna take a couple more standbys???? Sounds like because of the rains, harvest numbers may be down and wonder if they may try and put a few more bowhunters out there next week.

UPDATE: I rechecked Facebook and they updated the map and stated they will be accepting 5 standby groups, up from 2 in the original post.

Drats... I will be headed down for the second hunt on standby ... I hope all of yall ...success shooting does. Lets more standbys next hunt...

good luck folks...

Comment

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
                                [/B]

Drats... I will be headed down for the second hunt on standby ... I hope all of yall ...success shooting does. Lets more standbys next hunt...

good luck folks...
                                U may get Lucky on the 2nd hunt as well. I talked with 1 of the biologists there today and they had very low harvest on the mgmt hunt this week. Will probably do similar standby numbers on second hunt unless we clean up next week 😊

Biologist also said they really want to try hard to meet their quota this year because they expect the fawn crop to be big next year with all the rain.

Comment

Working...
                                X