Truck Trade In Value

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Truck Trade In Value

For anyone that has traded in a truck when purchasing a vehicle lately, how has your trade in value at the dealership compared to what the Kelly Blue Book Value is for the truck?

Depends upon what you have . If you have a low mileage diesel in excellent condition then you have some bartering power- and yes you will have to walk out after there first 6 offers and tell them you don’t really need to sell yours anyway. You have to have a doable number in mind for yours and stick with it.

Comment

I’m doing this right now. KBB values are trash right now imo. KBB offered under 10K, and I got a 17500 offer from a dealer earlier today. Second dealership offered 9k but said they could easily double it if I would trade in with them. Since I am only selling they didn’t want to up the offer.

Comment

Truck Trade In Value

Whatever you do, go in there with your number in mind and dont budge. Theyll meet it if they want to sell you a vehicle.

Oh and watch for a ‘reconditioning fee’ they are tacking on these days to vehicles theyre selling. Get that dropped too. Thats theyre bonus money they try to sneak in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I have a 2020, 4 door Ford F 150 and everytime I go to the dealer for an oil change they tell me they will give me what I paid for it when I bought it.

Nice used vehicles are at a premium right now..

Comment

What I'm looking to trade is a 2014 GMC Sierra 4x4 1500 with 150k miles. KBB says 14k-ish. But it sounds like from some others I may be able to get more than that. I'm all for going in there with a number and sticking to it and playing hardball but I also want that to be an educated number based on what others are getting.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Stewart View Post
              I have a 2020, 4 door Ford F 150 and everytime I go to the dealer for an oil change they tell me they will give me what I paid for it when I bought it.

Nice used vehicles are at a premium right now..
              Same thing with my Tundra. Every time they offer me within 1K of what I paid for it

Comment

Originally posted by Gclyde28 View Post
                What I'm looking to trade is a 2014 GMC Sierra 4x4 1500 with 150k miles. KBB says 14k-ish. But it sounds like from some others I may be able to get more than that. I'm all for going in there with a number and sticking to it and playing hardball but I also want that to be an educated number based on what others are getting.
                I would not take less than 20k!

Comment

Got more for my ram 2500 than I paid for it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’ll be in the same boat soon. Looking to get rid of my 2017 Silverado 5.3 with 180k on it. I think blue book is around 15k.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

PM sent

Comment

Plug it in to givemethevin.com

Comment

Originally posted by Gclyde28 View Post
                          Not sure if prices are up or down right now, but I sold a 2014 Ford F150 Supercrew with the 5.0 and less miles for $21,000 end of last year.

Try listing it here and see what happens. I have sold 2 other vehicles myself, one on FB market place and one on Auto Trader. Both sold extremely quick and I got what my asking price was.

Comment

Just got a 2016 GMC with 49,000 miles from a friend for less than blue book. Already been offered $10,000 more than I paid. KBB is lagging behind on values right now.

Comment

Run it by a Carmax if you have one around. They will provide a quote within about 15 minutes and it's good for 1 week. No hassle or pressure to sell to them. I wouldn't take less on a trade in than their offer.

You can also get a quote site unseen by entering your VIN number on their website. I'm not sure if that's as good as the actual in person quote as in person they will actually inspect the vehicle, etc.

Also, be mindful that you do receive a Sales tax deduction for the amount of your trade-in if you are purchasing a vehicle from the same dealer. So if the dealer's trade-in offer matches an external offer like Carmax, you indirectly will receive a 6% credit on top of that.

Comment

Working...
                              X