License requirement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

License requirement

Does this make sense to you. Thken from TPW license site.

A hunting license is required of any person (resident or nonresident), of any age, to hunt any animal, bird, frog or turtle in this state, except the following:

coyotes, if the coyotes are attacking, about to attack, or have recently attacked livestock, domestic animals, or fowl.
    feral hogs on private property with landowner authorization.
    fur-bearing animals, if the hunter possesses a commercial trapper’s license.
    depredating fur-bearing animals, if a landowner (resident or non-resident) or landowner’s agent is taking fur-bearing animals causing depredation on the landowner’s land. No portion of the nuisance fur-bearer may be possessed, sold or retained for any purpose.

Makes sense to me. What part was confusing?

Comment

Yes.

It's easier to just buy a license so there are no issues, but some people don't chose that option.

Comment

Coyote and hogs requirments.

Comment

well...license not required in the scenarios listed. If that answers your question.

Comment

seems clear to me. If you plan on illegally poaching pigs on private land without permission from the landowner please make sure to go and purchase your license first.

Comment

Originally posted by salth2o View Post
              Yes.

It's easier to just buy a license so there are no issues, but some people don't chose that option.
              Some ranchers dont even hunt. But you can bet they shoot coyotes and hogs. Be kind of silly to write them a ticket for shooting a nuscense animal in there own pasture. IMO thats why there is the exception.

Comment

If you are hunting you need a license. If you are protecting livestock and or property and the occasion to kill the animals causing the problem arises you covered.

Comment

is a coon eating corn our of your feeder considered a "depredating fur-bearing animal"?

Comment

Yep it does.

Comment

Originally posted by Hills of Texas View Post
                      If you are hunting you need a license. If you are protecting livestock and or property and the occasionv to kill the animals causing the problem arises you covered.
                      That is the way I read it. Hunting requires a license unless hunting pigs. Killing in self-defense of your land or your livestock, does not require a license.

If you keep the fur or parts of the fur bearing animal however, you are hunting and you have to have a license.

Comment

You need a license to hunt pigs on public land .
                        Fur bearer can be taken with a hunting licenses if you plan to keep it, you can not sell it or trade for anything of value.

Comment

I didn't know they were required for frogs and turtles.....

Comment

Originally posted by White Falcon View Post
                            Coyote and hogs requirments.

Makes perfect sense to me. What about the coyotes and hogs is confusing?

Comment

I buy a lic every year whether I hunt or fish...Just to support the hunting and fishing and WILD OUTDOORS...and I did not see any confusion in what I read Like AC said

Comment

Working...
                              X