Vegetable seeds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vegetable seeds

Planning my first garden for next spring. I'll start with 4- 4x10 raised beds. What's a good place to get seeds? Heirloom?
    Would love your input so I can get the process off of the ground.

Wanting start with the basics: Tomatoes, yellow squash, Zucchini....stuff like that.

Comment

Tractor supply or Atwoods has a good selection right before planting season

Comment

Originally posted by BlessedVeteran0305 View Post
        Tractor supply or Atwoods has a good selection right before planting season
        oh, TSC! Good call.

Comment

David's seeds out of Pleasanton

Comment

I need to check that place out.

Comment

I buy all mine from https://www.trueleafmarket.com/

Comment

Davids is out of Poteet. My mistake.

Comment

good suggestions. Thanks!

Comment

Local hardware store. They typically will have varieties that do well in your area.

Comment

Get you some fruit seeds too.

Comment

Go to a prepper site. I went to lowes and they were completely sold out of vegetable seeds. Another good suggestion would be to build your raised beds out of hardiplank so rot won’t be a problem. I would also invest in a few fruits trees if possible. I have two Fuyu Persimmon trees that I’m preparing a place for. As well as thornless blackberries and grapes.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeyG View Post
                          Planning my first garden for next spring. I'll start with 4- 4x10 raised beds. What's a good place to get seeds? Heirloom?
                          Would love your input so I can get the process off of the ground.
                          Heirloom seeds would be if you want to harvest seeds from the produce and replant again next year. I believe. Otherwise you're probably going to grow better produce with the hybrids for our region. I believe. Somebody fix me if I'm wrong.

Comment

Mike, my recommendation would be to forego starting from seed, spend the extra money and buy the seedlings at a good nursery where you know they take the time to care for them. Growing from seed can be tough. If you spend the extra money and get something that is already established, you may find you have better success. We also have a 2022 Gardening thread that we post in.

Comment

Baker Creek Seed Company on the Internet .........just saying....cC

Comment

Working...
                              X