Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 09-30-2022, 11:45 AM   #1
Bucknaked
Ten Point

Hunt In: Lavaca , Edwards & Gillespie counties
Default Any Massey 4707 owners out there?

Iíve been looking at tractors in the 70-75 hp range. Iím a John Deere man and Iím definitely not allergic to Kubotaís either. I started thinking about masseys and ran across the 4707. It is in the top of its class against all of the others and outweighs them by 1800- 2500 lbs. a problem I do see with it is all of the electronics it has and Iím not sure about the new set up on the 3 pt lift cylinders. I do like only having to use the clutch to start it and not having to use it again. Iíve heard it rides great and Iíve heard it rides terrible- I canít do the terrible. The loader is the strongest in class . These are definitely heavy duty machines.
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-30-2022, 11:51 AM   #2
dclifton
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Lindale Tx, Crowell Tx, pearsall Tx

Fyi if the deere has a shuttle shift frorward reverser on left of column then its the same way. No clutch needed technically i would think the same for other brands as well.

I cant speak on your particular model. But i just have never been a fan of the Masseys they are just a different breed compared to Deere.

I think i would even look at a NH before i bought a massey.

Every massey i know of has a great engine but they fall short in the hydraulics and linkages.
dclifton is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-30-2022, 11:55 AM   #3
Landrover
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Wherever & Whenever

Following as I was at the deere dealership in Navasota yesterday for 2 hours gathering data points.
Landrover is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-30-2022, 11:55 AM   #4
Bucknaked
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by dclifton View Post
Fyi if the deere has a shuttle shift frorward reverser on left of column then its the same way. No clutch needed technically i would think the same for other brands as well.

I cant speak on your particular model. But i just have never been a fan of the Masseys they are just a different breed compared to Deere.

I think i would even look at a NH before i bought a massey.

Every massey i know of has a great engine but they fall short in the hydraulics and linkages.
Itís a shuttle shift but you can lift the reverser and stop motion. I kinda felt the same way about masseys but this one just caught my eye. Thanks
Old 09-30-2022, 01:27 PM   #5
Bucknaked
Ten Point