Best waterproof gaiter’s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best waterproof gaiter’s

Who makes the best waterproof hunting gaiters?
    You want them quiet and waterproof if there is such a thing.
    Going to Colorado on an elk hunt don’t want wet boots or pants.
    I was looking at Kuiu Yukons or Storms what else you got?

Anybody?

Comment

I bought a pair of waxed canvas gaiters and as long as you keep them waxed, they are 100% water proof. They were a lot cheaper than either of the brands you listed, even coming from Scotland.

Comment

Originally posted by Killer View Post
        Anybody?
        Highly recommend getting T&K Hunting Gear gaitors. Very well made. Not outsourced.

If you are looking for leg gaiters that can take the extremes of any environment in the world...you have come to the right place. Overbuilt is an understatement. We use a 1000D Cordura Nylon and a 400D pack cloth layering system, which stops water in its tracks (we have done tests...lots of tests). The durability of our materials and construction also prevents the leg gaiter from sliding down your leg. Rubber and Leather for the under boot strap will not last, nor will the buckling systems which tend to fail with heavy use. We utilize a USA Made Stainless Steel underwire with a rubber coating, which helps mitigate any substantial rubbing to the bottom of your boot. The wire starts at the D ring below the snap hook, goes under the boot, through the opposite D ring, back under the boot, and clips into the back snap hook. Our leg gaiters feature a #10 YKK zipper and hook and loop Velcro closure, which is located in the back of the leg gaiters. This is to prevent debris and moisture from entering the opening and closure of the gaiter as you walk. Additionally, you have the option to tighten the top portion of the leg gaiters via elastic, hook, and loop. This is to maximize comfort and prevent moisture and debris from entering at the top. A G hook in the front of the leg gaiters can be used to maximize coverage around the laces.

Sent from my HD1900 using Tapatalk

Comment

Not sure I’d call any of them quiet. I really like my stone glacier gaiters though

Comment

I bought the Kuiu Yukon gaiters. I have not used them yet, but they are heavy duty, some what quiet and look to be made really well. They stretch and fit well; I like that. I will put them to the test next month in Colorado and let everyone know how they did.

Comment

Rockslide has a ton of comparisons on this topic.

Comment

Originally posted by Killer View Post
                Who makes the best waterproof hunting gaiters?
                You want them quiet and waterproof if there is such a thing.
                Going to Colorado on an elk hunt don’t want wet boots or pants.
                I was looking at Kuiu Yukons or Storms what else you got?

I have the Kuius and they have worked very well. Outdoor Research makes some good ones as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Skip the First Lite gaiters, I blew through the straps on two sets. Using Sitka gaiters now as they have the wire strap, they performed well in Colorado last week. For a tall gaiter, I have the Outdoor Research but they are a bit bulky and loud.

Comment

I've been happy with my Kenetreks.

Comment

Working...
                    X