No announcement yet.

Anyone have a wood stove like this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know a guy that was invited to hunt at his future in laws place. They had a small cabin with a potbelly wood stove. He fired it up & went to adjust the damper & it fell and sealed off and he smoked out the place

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowsmith View Post
      I have a Four Dog stove. It is similar.

I've only hunted with them....they work!!!

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

flywise look into a pot belly like mentioned by HogHunter. They are meant to be burned often not like camping stoves above and will put put heat. Most will burn lump cola or wood.
        Home Depot sells a cast iron stove that would work well in a cabin. Most camping type stoves are made a little lighter weight for packing etc.. and they will not last as long if burned all the time.
        Railroad pot belly stoves are great and look very nice.

Comment

Originally posted by wytex View Post
          flywise look into a pot belly like mentioned by HogHunter. They are meant to be burned often not like camping stoves above and will put put heat. Most will burn lump cola or wood.
          Home Depot sells a cast iron stove that would work well in a cabin. Most camping type stoves are made a little lighter weight for packing etc.. and they will not last as long if burned all the time.
          Railroad pot belly stoves are great and look very nice.
          Will do

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
            Ha! Couldnt tell you

The ranch owners son of the place we hunted in colorado worked at a coal mine. He would bring it home from work when we hunted.
            It would be nice to have it readily available here in Tx

Comment

Look for lump coal. Maybe a blacksmith could tell you where to find it. Our ranch type stores sometimes sell it.
              Google coal for sale in Texas and a few spots come up. You have to get a nice fire going then put the coal on it.

Comment

Originally posted by wytex View Post
                Look for lump coal. Maybe a blacksmith could tell you where to find it. Our ranch type stores sometimes sell it.
                Google coal for sale in Texas and a few spots come up. You have to get a nice fire going then put the coal on it.
                Thanks

Comment

Didn't you just sell a stove?

Comment

No

Comment

Originally posted by Draco View Post
                      Didn't you just sell a stove?
                      Well, I did. It was a few weeks before the freeze. I didn’t want to but with home school book shelves and desk in the house there was no room for it. I regret it.
                      Now I just want one that’s fairly mobile I can bring in the house if it gets that cold again and energy prices get like Europe which will be **** near unaffordable. So a camp type barrel stove or others mention on here would work perfectly. Mainly just a Prepper item

Comment

Working...
                      X