Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeti Puppies

Kiddos (and momma) are completely smitten with Rags
    Last edited by K. Lane; 12-18-2021, 06:27 PM.

Comment

Heck yeah!!! Merry Christmas guys and gals. What a day. Our hearts are full.

Comment

Alex and Rusty
        Attached Files

Comment

Are any of these still left?

Comment

I think our little pup has as many presents under the tree as our kids. Well, maybe not quite, but she has a bunch.

My son Brandon rode with me to get her. I told him several times this is “my” dog, and he just smirked in answer.

Lady Gryphon is already part of the family. I would share pics of her with our daughter, but all the wiggling, giggling, and licking made for blurry pictures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Any four month old pup updates? Shredded couches? Chewed up toys? Frayed nerves?

Our 13yo Aussie still wishes we had thought a little harder about adding to the pack. Something about being pounced on by 26lbs of dynamite before daylight each morning just doesn't sit well with her.

I took our pup to a blood tracking clinic in Concan last weekend. My friend Dusty Britches took her 18mo Lacy for his UBT I evaluation, and Gryphon and I tagged along for the learning and socialization opportunities. They had obedience and tracking demos, and of course lots of tracking work. They had separate classes for beginners and puppies, and dogs, dogs, dogs. 3 days of being emersed in dog handling, dog psychology, dog everything... I had a worn-out pup and a different dog by the time we got home late Sunday evening. I wish we could do that every weekend.

Comment

4 month old update. Frayed nerves caused by lack of sleep is an understatement. Lots of progress until this week and it’s almost like back to the beginning. I may have met my match on the hardheadness scale.

Comment

Have you read Water Dog? Or any of Richard Wolters’ books? I have enough dog training books to stock a small store, but that one book has saved my sanity.

Comment

I want to see some current pics of these pups. Was really wanting one, but with 4 dogs already in the house it was a hard “ NO “ from momma.

Comment

Yeti Puppies

Originally posted by tazhunter0 View Post
                      I want to see some current pics of these pups. Was really wanting one, but with 4 dogs already in the house it was a hard “ NO “ from momma.

Well…..here is my spawn of satan maniac….he is ABSOLUTE FULL SIC ‘EM from can to can’t

Last edited by K. Lane; 02-26-2022, 07:35 PM.

Comment

Good Looking pup.

Comment

Originally posted by K. Lane View Post
                          Well…..here is my spawn of satan maniac….he is ABSOLUTE FULL SIC ‘EM from can to can’t

I see you have a shock collar on your pup. Are you just using the vibrate function or actual shock? I bought one but haven’t started to use it yet.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                            I see you have a shock collar on your pup. Are you just using the vibrate function or actual shock? I bought one but haven’t started to use it yet.

It does have the shock function to be sure for use later. I am by no means a dog trainer but I think he is a bit young for the shock. He is EXTREMELY smart and it took about 10 minutes for him to know what no means.
                            We use the vibrate and beep functions to get his attention and to back up a stern no… for digging, chewing things he shouldn’t, etc…

Comment

Originally posted by K. Lane View Post
                              It does have the shock function to be sure for use later. I am by no means a dog trainer but I think he is a bit young for the shock. He is EXTREMELY smart and it took about 10 minutes for him to know what no means.
                              We use the vibrate and beep functions to get his attention and to back up a stern no… for digging, chewing things he shouldn’t, etc…

Gotcha thanks. That’s what I was thinking about them being young but read people started with the shock as young as 3 months is why I was asking. I’m starting with mine this week. Maybe tomorrow. Hopefully she’ll respond to just the beep and vibrate like yours has.

Comment

Yeti pup up(pup)date

A recent thread about what dog to get made me think about making an update on Gryphon. She's 10 months old now, and 53lbs worth of devoted, tracking, full of character fun. She has plenty of drive, but she'll also sleep half the day away in her kennel or bed without making a sound. We have 6 exterior doors to our house, and she knows the minute one of them opens. I never worry about someone coming in uninvited, lol. She isn't a big barker, but she woofs to let me know when something's up.

She's protective rather than aggressive and fits our family perfectly. When one of us goes outside, she goes, too. Don't even think about getting in the pool without her! Going for rides on the ranger or sitting in the trackhoe with my son makes her day. I've run mock tracks with her, and I'm hoping we'll be able to get some real experience together with deer come hunting season.

I had an idea of what I was getting into when we got her, having had aussies and a lot of exposure with working/hunting lines. This little dog has wormed her way under our skin and into our hearts like we never imagined. She's smart, playful, gentle with kids, and down to business when it the time calls for it.
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by CamoQuest; 09-06-2022, 08:03 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X