No announcement yet.

Kids & Vacation Poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I never went anywhere without the kids, didn't vacation without them and didn't hunt or fish without them, pretty much ever. Now that they're all 18+ and busy with their own lives the wife and I go places alone. Yall don't try to get away from the kids too much while they're young, you'll wish you had them back later on in life.

Comment

we try to do both. kid gets family ski trip and beach trip.

the wife and i did napa this year.

Comment

Family - kids absolutely on the yearly family vacation. It is one of the things they will remember most about growing up.

With kids grown - wish we would have done even more together.

Comment

Vacation time for me is time away from work to be 'with' my family and to enjoy our time together, not to get away from my children. Work prevented me from being able to be there for too many of my kids' activities. Used quite a few days off here and there trying to not miss everything. There was no consideration of a vacation without the whole family.

They are all grown up, married, and on their own now with kids themselves. We rotate out hosting the holidays for the time to be together and once a year still have a family vacation. Last year everyone, kids and all the grands, went to Boston for a week and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. This year we've rented a riverfront place in the hill country big enough for everyone. We're looking forward another fun-filled week of memory making.

If I remember correctly, while the children were still at home, the wife and I only did 3 overnight trips without them. We had always thought that if it was somewhere the kids shouldn't go, we probably didn't need to be there either.

I know all situations are different and I hope you all can have as much fun with your kids as I have with mine. They will grow up too fast. Clock's ticking.

Comment

If your going to call it a family vacation, not sure how you leave the kids at home.

That being said, I understand parent's needing some time to themselves and letting the kids stay at grandma and grandpas for the long weekend or week and having some uninterrupted time to yourselves as well. I would just call that a vacation and not a family vacation.

Comment

We have always taken our kids with us.

Comment

We always take the kids on all vacations.. now we may take a 3 day long weekend trip to Vegas or somewhere 1 maybe 2 times a year just me and the wife..

Comment

We did some long weekend trips without the kids, but any major vacations always included everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepy View Post
                    This is my wife. She’s a homemaker. I think that has something to do with it. Midway through the summer she’s having a midlife crisis if we don’t get away.
                    ^^^This is me currently. Don't get me wrong, I love our daughter and she puts a smile on my face. But I work from home, take care of the home, and for most of the summer I stay at home. We take her with us almost everywhere. I'll miss her like crazy when she goes back to school, but right now I'm going a little crazy, lol, and counting the days until school starts. Just last night, I got told by the 6yo "Momma, you don't know how to color. Here, let me show you how to do it right." 45+ years of professional art instruction, and I don't know how to color.

Comment

The wife and I took a cruise without the kids but other than that the only time is on our anniversary we try and take the weekend at a b&b by ourselves. All other trips were with both kids, now our son is 24 and engaged with our first grandchild on the way so he doesnt come on trips. Just got back from disney world last week with our 14 year old daughter.

Comment

Working...
                      X