Anyone around Caldwell have....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone around Caldwell have....

a portable cutting torch that would be willing to cut the end of a propane tank off for me? I will pay you to do it. All valves are out, it was filled with water and set for about 2 months. The wife said it was time to get it done or get it out of the yard. I tried to cut it with a cutting wheel and then a saws all. Needless to say that didn't work, and I did not get blown up, so all the propane is out of it. Let me know if you are willing and we can set something up.

If you can get it to Franklin, I can do it. I go back on shift Thur night and will be on nites for a while with our outage coming up.

Comment

get a metal blade for a skil saw, friend has done a few like this.

Comment

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post
        If you can get it to Franklin, I can do it. I go back on shift Thur night and will be on nites for a while with our outage coming up.
        Thanks for the offer, I may have to take you up on it if I can't find anyone with a portable rig a little closer.

Comment

How soon you need it done? It’ll be a few months before I’m back in that part of the world

Comment

If you have a 4" grinder get a Metabo blade

Or a circular saw with metal cutting blade

Comment

Try diablo carbide tipped blade for recip saw. I was changing shackles on my jeep, had to cut the heads off 2 grade 8 bolts (or drop gas tank). Bi-metal blades would barely cut it. I bought a carbide tipped Diablo metal cutting blade, it cut them very easily

Comment

My dad can do it if you can get it to FM2549. I have one that needs to be done myself, but have been too distracted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I see we work at the same place. Time to send those outage paychecks home to momma.

Comment

Originally posted by Diamond S View Post
                    I tried to cut it with a cutting wheel and then a saws all. Needless to say that didn't work,
                    I also have a Metabo. This will get it done. Again, you would have to come get it or could meet up in Hearne. I also get all the blades I want for free so you won't need to buy any. This is what I would use instead of a torch. I hardly ever hook up my torch to cut metal anymore. I can do it faster with my Metabo and everything cut is nice and smooth.

Comment

Originally posted by kd350 View Post
                      How soon you need it done? It’ll be a few months before I’m back in that part of the world
                      ASAP, the boss lady is on my tail.

Comment

I also have a Metabo. This will get it done. Again, you would have to come get it or could meet up in Hearne. I also get all the blades I want for free so you won't need to buy any. This is what I would use instead of a torch. I hardly ever hook up my torch to cut metal anymore. I can do it faster with my Metabo and everything cut is nice and smooth.
                        I have a torch offer pending, but if need be I will get in touch with you. Thanks for the offer/advice.

Comment

Working...
                        X