Suggestions for website or other for GPS mapping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suggestions for website or other for GPS mapping

I had a program on my old laptop that would interface with my Garmin via hardware connection

You could map, store additional points, etc

Old laptop had the hard drive lock up and now I need a new way to manage my stuff

I can't even remember what the last program was called

Nobody uses a GPS anymore I guess?

Comment

I believe it's called basecamp. But better than that invest in onx hunt. It turns your phone into a better gps than you have. So many layers you can utilize. It's a game changer.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by horns07 View Post
        I believe it's called basecamp. But better than that invest in onx hunt. It turns your phone into a better gps than you have. So many layers you can utilize. It's a game changer.

Does the GPS work on your phone when you are in an area of no cell signal?

I just assumed that with no signal my phone was useless with any app

That is when I use the GPS

I tried manually putting a coordinate from GPS to Huntstand app and it dropped a pin in Tibet

Comment

At work I use DNR GPS for loading, converting file types, and much more.... I’m a huge fan of avenza maps now though... create a PDF map that’s georefrenced of the area I’ll be in and wether I have signal or not I can see exactly where I’m at whenever I want as well as create trails, drop pins, measure, and have a multitude of maps for where I’ll be for the day.

Comment

Might try onyx maps, I believe they do what your looking for

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post

I tried manually putting a coordinate from GPS to Huntstand app and it dropped a pin in Tibet
              What ? You don’t want to hunt in Tibet ? SMH here.....

Comment

Sorry all I have is my old model GPS. No help.

Comment

Yes the GPS in onX Hunt will work with no cell service. Just download maps prior to your hunt. I used it on a archery draw hunt at Black Gap WMA a few years ago and it worked great. Not a lick of cell service there.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                    What ? You don’t want to hunt in Tibet ? SMH here.....
                    Well I might but that pin could have been on some dude's house for all I know

Originally posted by Mjjust View Post
                    Yes the GPS in onX Hunt will work with no cell service. Just download maps prior to your hunt. I used it on a archery draw hunt at Black Gap WMA a few years ago and it worked great. Not a lick of cell service there.
                    Will look into it

Comment

There is a good one called DNR Garmin. It’s free software that lets you move points tracks etc between your laptop and GPS and vice versa.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It is worth every penny. And if you use the code elktalk you will get a discount. You download the whole area you need into a offline file just make sure all the layers you want are turned on when you download your offline file. I used it all elk season while guiding and never picked up my gps.

Comment

Working...
                        X