Old Mexico 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by walker1983 View Post
    I put $100/feeder. It was a mix of feeders I built and old feeder barrels I had at the ranch.
    I put several new feeder motors in the back of truck under all our bedding and bags. Hit them with spray paint so they looked used.

I don’t think the border guy we had even knew what the feeders were. The customs guy did try and look up contact info for our tx ranch, which I created the receipt for. Next time I will just use a handwritten receipt and tell them i bought them off Craigslist in San Antonio. Be sure to tell them you paid cash for the feeders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I've got receipts and invoices for our feeders that my buddy built at his company , but for example we are taking a used 10,000 BTU window unit across should I just make a bill of sale up for it for $200 (since it was bought years ago), and sign it saying bought off craiglist 2 months ago paid cash?

Comment

It took a solid hour to cross 1 feeder. I was thinking about Shane for 1 hour! Seriously...since Ive returned to Mexico everyone on their side has been super nice and polite to me. Bridge guys just doing their job.Cops and soldiers, all friendly. I usually get smiles out of them before I drive off

Comment

Originally posted by CodyWitt View Post
        One feeder at a time is what we have been told. We take all sorts of stuff that would be deemed as “taxable” rule of thumb, make sure nothing is sticking over the bed of the truck and 99% of the time they will let you roll on through. A bunch of equipment sticking out of the bed is a sure cause for the red light. I cross at Eagle Pass and they are much easier than Columbia. I’m not sure I would be on a ranch down there that requires me to cross at Columbia. It’s an absolute nightmare.
        Dont get too comfortable up there in Piedras. We have been turned around there on more than one occasion for hauling things that we shouldn't have been.

Comment

I told a friend to keep his mouth shut while crossing.When asked to declare my buddy opened his mouth with "nada". I was chewed up and down, threatened and turned around for allowing him to speak. No brainer...declare weapons when they already know u have them. That same guy worked Falcon

Comment

From over 30 years of crossing the border, Columbia is BY FAR the best bridge to cross, FWTW. The only problem I've had was when I left some ammo in my glove box but that was my own fault and I asked for it. Can't blame the Mexicans for that.

Comment

Our new place is off the grid, and the old diesel generator is really loud.

I was looking into one of the new gas Yamaha's(Yamaha EF2800i), but the logistics of getting it across the frontera is a bit daunting. Anyone attempted taking one across @ Columbia?
              We crossed last week at Columbia with a Yamaha 2000 generator, they didn't say a word about it. A few years back we would cross one at the beginning of every season. Crossed it for 6 or 7 yrs and never had a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Hombre View Post
                From over 30 years of crossing the border, Columbia is BY FAR the best bridge to cross, FWTW. The only problem I've had was when I left some ammo in my glove box but that was my own fault and I asked for it. Can't blame the Mexicans for that.

Comment

Any new updates for the Falcon Dam crossing area. Besides it get in hot!

Comment

Our new place is off the grid, and the old diesel generator is really loud.

I was looking into one of the new gas Yamaha's(Yamaha EF2800i), but the logistics of getting it across the frontera is a bit daunting. Anyone attempted taking one across @ Columbia?
                    I crossed at Columbia this morning with my generator, declared it showed a receipt, paid my taxes and rolled through in about 20 minutes. The lady did say if it was a smaller generator I may have been able to cross without paying taxes. Not sure that is true but that’s what she said.

Comment

Hopefully we all get a little bit.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Farm Logs shows we got 8/10ths off the pipeline W of Laredo. Finally something.

The big rains just keep staying North of us, falling apart - then reforming down in the valley. I hope you Coahuila hunters are fairing better.

Comment

Not fairing better in our neighborhood

Comment

farmlogs showed we got 0.00", we have had 1.07" since March 12th when we went last. Headed back in June

Comment

Farm Log showed 1.5” last night on are lease! Much needed rain!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by elgato View Post
                                Not fairing better in our neighborhood
                                Actually correction. This just in. we got 1 1/2" at El Gato last night. Timing terrific!. Considering the wet winter we had even though spring rains have been light I think we are off to a great start.

Comment

Working...
                                X