No announcement yet.

**** stinging grass !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been waiting for those things to come up.

You can try round up and Cimmeron (pasture) or Atrizine (Image) if it is a yard.

Comment

Well I have sprayed it 2 times with 2-4d with very little luck . Will double the 2-4d on the next batch . On a positive note it killed the hell out of some rose hedges

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Roundup; and mix it double what they tell you to.

Comment

I sprayed mine with Round-up "super concentrate" mixed according to recommendations. It appears to be dried up dead. I plan to hoe/rake it up and dispose of it. Hopefully I can hit it with pre-emergent next year before it gets going... I'm thinking mid to late January.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
            I sprayed mine with Round-up "super concentrate" mixed according to recommendations. It appears to be dried up dead. I plan to hoe/rake it up and dispose of it. Hopefully I can hit it with pre-emergent next year before it gets going... I'm thinking mid to late January.

Everything I read said no to dig it up . Makes it spread faster .i plan to spray and burn this time

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TXHUNT3R View Post
              I backed into it while working on a fence with my brother.... I didn't know what was happening, I just ripped my shorts off soon as I could. Not sure what my thought process was, I just knew my *** and upper legs were on fire. Good thing no one could see us. My brother laughed pretty hard for a good bit!!!
              That's hilarious!

Comment

Keep at it Dad. I feel for your son. He want to go out side and play but he can't because of this crap. Poor thing! Makes me want to come over and pull out a can of whoop zzz on that stinging grass. Stinging grass is the debble!
                Good luck!
                God bless!
                Semper fi.

Comment

Spray chaparral, it’s amazing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

**** stinging grass !

Originally posted by bass_lander View Post
                    Spray chaparral, it’s amazing

Will it kill my grass to or just broadleaf ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Pretty sure it’s safe for Bermuda but not sure about st Augustine. Check the label out but it’s more of a pasture spray for broadleaf, Bahia, etc. I sprayed my dads 7 acres that was covered in nettle and other weeds. Did it once and it was amazing how much grass grew without weeds going forward. It has residual too so it keeps working for a while.

Comment

I’m sure just a broadleaf killer like trimec would work just fine too.

Comment

you can mow it and keep it sprayed, but I think the only way for control is a pre emergent.

Comment

I have a patch of this evil stuff in my yard for the first time

My four year old grandson told me, "Pawpaw don't step on that grass right there, it will hurt you." A few days later I walked through it barefooted and found out what he was talking about!

Comment

Anybody have any luck spraying this stuff last year? It is coming back strong again this year. I think it likes a wet year.
                              I also have stinging nettle and it has a more of a stem and a darker color stem. 2-4D kills it. What he has in the picture the 2-4D doesn't work on. I still have not found out exactly what the plant is. Looks like this year might be worse than last year.
                              Any suggestions?

Comment

I use half strength Roundup to kill what I call horse mint. It takes 4 or 5 dry days to show results but that hasn’t happened this year! The low dosage seems to a better job for me getting down to the roots. I was weeding my garden bed and didn’t see a stalk of it and it lit me up, hate this stuff.

Comment

Working...
                                X