Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best way to trickle charge both batteries on Cummins?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best way to trickle charge both batteries on Cummins?

I bought a new daily driver so the Cummins is parked in the shop most of the time. Right now, I start it once every couple weeks and let run for a few. I understand that if I put a charger on one battery, it only charges the one. So besides putting two identical chargers on it at the same time, what are my options?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm looking at this for my Duramax, my understanding they're both just one battery takes two batteries to crank.

Comment

Both batteries are hooked in parallel so hooking a charger to one battery will charge them both unless you have an isolator.

Comment

One charger is all you need. Put a good battery maintainer on them and youll be in good shape.

Comment

Originally posted by ABroussard View Post
          One charger is all you need. Put a good battery maintainer on them and youll be in good shape.

That’s what I get for listening to the guy at the parts house. [emoji849]Thanks

Comment

I think this is all you will need, this is what I'm going to get for my Duramax to keep the batteries maintained. Are use the 800 on my samurai at the Deerlease no problems.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4238.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	54.3 KB
ID:	24571406

Comment

So I guess I could meter the battery that doesn’t have the charger on it, to prove that it works this way?

Comment

The maintainer will only work if the batteries are fully charged also, this my help.

Comment

I just got this one today, so it should work just fine. NOCO Genius G7200 12V/24V 7.2A UltraSafe Smart Battery Charger https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004LWTHP2..._hN0ACbWDSHX92

Comment

I’m going this route cause I’m in same boat that my Powerstroke my sit for a while from time to time and I got to manually charge the batteries.

Comment

Yes Sir, that will do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Powertool1994 View Post
                        I’m going this route cause I’m in same boat that my Powerstroke my sit for a while from time to time and I got to manually charge the batteries.

That’s exactly what I was thinking about before I started this thread.

Comment

I got the NOCO 15000 which is way bigger then I need, should have got the 7200 which should be plenty.

Comment

Working...
                          X