No announcement yet.

New Year Workout Accountability 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another good gym day. 5X5 supersets for chest and biceps. My usual 5 minute walk on the treadmill followed by 3 warmup sets. Nice and heavy.

Seated wide grip chest press/barbell curl
    Incline bench press/Hammer curl bar
    Inverse grip bench smith machine/preacher curl
    Overhead cable curl/pushups

I can fell rigor mortis setting in and I like it!

Giant sets for legs, shoulders, and triceps tomorrow.

Comment

You guys are slacking!

Ain't no one posting anymore except Muskles!

Back in this morning for shoulders, legs and triceps. I didn't get much done in the tricep category, but I really don't need much work there anyway.

Got the blood circulating pretty well and the hip loosened up with 5 minutes on the treadmill then three warmup sets and 5 working sets. I did supersets rather than giant sets today.

Military press/leg extension
      Rear delt cable fly/seated leg press
      Front raises/prone leg curl
      Upright row/overhead rope tricep extension
      Cable lateral raise/Pushdowns pronated and supinated

Ya'll have a good weekend and go kill something!

Comment

Originally posted by SabreKiller View Post
        Im heading back to the gym shortly. Yesterday was the 4 week mark from my hernia surgery so I get to start lifting and doing core stuff again. Supposed to take it relatively easy for the next two weeks and then step on the gas pedal after that. This thread always seems to taper off every year once hunting season starts. Not a bad thing.

Comment

Rough time of year. Working 27 out of 31 days this month.

Comment

Cleans
            Front squats
            Bb rows
            Close grip cable rows

Comment

Still just getting back in the swing of things. Strength doesnt seem too far off but man my stamina is shot to hell. I havent been able to run since July 24th and have done practically zero the past month since the hernia surgery. My heart rate is way elevated just from my warm up lol. Im just going to keep chipping away at it this month. My plan is to start a formal running program around the middle of January so Ive got about a month to get my legs back under me so to speak.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                Still just getting back in the swing of things. Strength doesnt seem too far off but man my stamina is shot to hell. I havent been able to run since July 24th and have done practically zero the past month since the hernia surgery. My heart rate is way elevated just from my warm up lol. Im just going to keep chipping away at it this month. My plan is to start a formal running program around the middle of January so Ive got about a month to get my legs back under me so to speak.
                At least your back in the gym! I only wish I could run. I'll talk to my ortho next week when I go back for my 6 month check up. I've lost some stamina as well. It's coming back, but a lot slower than when I was younger and had surgery. Getting old really sucks. Good thing is I can out lift most of these youngsters!!!

My usual warmup on the treadmill and 3 warmup sets followed by 5 working sets. 5X5 or 5X8 if I was feeling frisky. Back and legs.

Narrow grip pulldown/seated calf raise
                T-bar row/leg press
                Bilateral pulldown/leg extension
                Low row wide grip/goblet squat
                Hip therapy exercises

Chest and biceps tomorrow

Comment

Back in this morning for shoulders, legs and triceps. I didn't get much done in the tricep category, but I really don't need much work there anyway.

Got the blood circulating pretty well and the hip loosened up with 5 minutes on the treadmill then three warmup sets and 5 working sets. I did supersets rather than giant sets today.

Military press/leg extension
                  Rear delt cable fly/seated leg press
                  Front raises/prone leg curl
                  Upright row/overhead rope tricep extension
                  Cable lateral raise/Pushdowns pronated and supinated

Ya'll have a good weekend and go kill something!
                  Man I have fallen off the wagon big time.

Been out of state for work 4 days a week the last 12 weeks in a row almost.

This sucks... But that’s just another excuse I suppose

Comment

I'm still sticking with it but I don't post every day. Chest Tris and burn out today.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

Comment

Chest was yesterday by the way

Wasn’t going to workout but forced myself to this afternoon 3.25 miles in 27 mins and legs.
                      Leg press 15x12x10x8 increasing weight
                      Hammy curls
                      Leg ext
                      Body squats

Back tomorrow

Comment

Today was another sucky day in the gym. Just.Got.To.Keep.Going.

Comment

You can do it! Maybe I should send you a video of my fat self working out. Lol

Back, bi's, and hiit

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

they're gonna suck every once in awhile until you get back into the routine. Just think positive!

Good gym day today despite waking up twice to pee and then wide awake at 0227.

I felt pretty rested though so after a shot of coffee and a little Nitraflex I hit it and hit it pretty hard today. 5 minute treadmill warmup followed by three warmup sets and 5 working sets. 5X8 supersets for chest and biceps concentrating on the eccentric move.

Seated wide grip chest press-5th set strip down/barbell curls
                            Incline chest press/hammer curl bar
                            Flat dumbbell press/incline dumbbell curl
                            Pec deck/overhead cable curls

I was ready for more, but ran out of time and had to go to work. Dangit!

Tomorrow is legs and shoulders day!

Comment

they're gonna suck every once in awhile until you get back into the routine. Just think positive!
                              Oh Im positive alright.....Im positive Im old and it takes longer to rebound. Im also hard headed and determined to win.

Comment

Just saw this post. I'm down 80 pounds within the last 6 months. Great thing is that I only stepped into the gym twice. Once to sign up and second to cancel.
                                Been on a food control and healthy habit journey that my health coach has me on. Been fairly easy if you just put your mind to it. Giving up the daily Dr. Peppers were the hardest to do. Picture was from last company Christmas party to this year's.

Comment

Working...
                                X