2018 Astros Off-Season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
    Seems reasonable. Looks like Miami is insisting on either Tucker or Whitley in a trade for Realmuto or whatever his name is

Comment

give them tucker,,,, he has not impressed at all in the majors

Comment

First... i truly laughed my *** off at the above comment...

Second..

Comment

Originally posted by xman59 View Post
          give them tucker,,,, he has not impressed at all in the majors
          You do that, you will regret it for the next 10-15 years. Kid is going to be a stud. He has dominated every level he has every played at. He struggled at the MLB level last year but I bet he makes the opening day roster and will be a BIG time contributor to the Astros success......Remember how young Alex Bregman is, Well Tucker is 3 years younger!

Comment

The Rule 5 draft is tomorrow. The Astros have 5 40 man roster spots to protect players. Here is a good Rule 5 primer. I would be willing to bet that Luhnow is burning up minutes to trade one or two more of those guys.

Comment

ah... finally ran into this thread...

Comment

Originally posted by TildenHunter View Post
                You do that, you will regret it for the next 10-15 years. Kid is going to be a stud. He has dominated every level he has every played at. He struggled at the MLB level last year but I bet he makes the opening day roster and will be a BIG time contributor to the Astros success......Remember how young Alex Bregman is, Well Tucker is 3 years younger!
                i see what is , and what has been,,, hope and speculation only sometimes pay off,, realmuto is ready now,, tucker has not proven he is,,, what do they need the most,,, a catcher who can hit! not a maybe outfielder

Comment

Originally posted by xman59 View Post
                  i see what is , and what has been,,, hope and speculation only sometimes pay off,, realmuto is ready now,, tucker has not proven he is,,, what do they need the most,,, a catcher who can hit! not a maybe outfielder
                  Maybe so but I would wager that by the time it is all said and done, Tucker is going to have a much better career then Realmuto. Not taking anything away from him. By all accounts he is good. Tucker just has a MUCH higher ceiling and has potential to be our everyday Right or Left Fielder for the next 10 years. Marwin likely gone, Reddick we have for 2 more years, Springer going to leave after this next season......we will soon be in need of young outfielders and Tucker is going to be way above average based on his body of work from Highschool all the way through AAA. You don't accidentally hit .332 in AAA over 100 games.

Comment

Maybe so but I would wager that by the time it is all said and done, Tucker is going to have a much better career then Realmuto. Not taking anything away from him. By all accounts he is good. Tucker just has a MUCH higher ceiling and has potential to be our everyday Right or Left Fielder for the next 10 years. Marwin likely gone, Reddick we have for 2 more years, Springer going to leave after this next season......we will soon be in need of young outfielders and Tucker is going to be way above average based on his body of work from Highschool all the way through AAA. You don't accidentally hit .332 in AAA over 100 games.
                    If George is leaving after this season, doesnt that put the Astros in a win now mode? This is Cole and JV's last season under contract as well I believe. I think a deal for Realmuto isnt a bad thing. I also think not doing a deal for him that includes Tucker isnt a bad thing either. I trust Luhnow and his gang to make the right decision.

Today they ended talks with the Ms on Paxton because the Ms wouldnt back off of Whitley. Paxton went to the Yanks at a very expensive price.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                      If George is leaving after this season, doesnt that put the Astros in a win now mode? This is Cole and JV's last season under contract as well I believe. I think a deal for Realmuto isnt a bad thing. I also think not doing a deal for him that includes Tucker isnt a bad thing either. I trust Luhnow and his gang to make the right decision.

Today they ended talks with the Ms on Paxton because the Ms wouldnt back off of Whitley. Paxton went to the Yanks at a very expensive price.

Yes I agree with you. They are going to have to be selective in who they keep and who they let go. I think they keep Bregman and let Correa walk after his rookie contract. I think they get a long term deal done with Springer this year. They have altuve locked down for a good long while. I think Cole will be in Houston for a decent amount of time and I could see Verlander doing a couple one year deals after next season. I’m certainly no GM but that is what I would do.

I don’t know how long Realmuto is under team control by Miami but he is only 27 and not making much $$ right now. I just think trading a 21 yr old with a world of potential for a 27 yr old that is a great catcher would be a tough pill to swallow. 6 years is a lifetime in MLB as you know. We could use a power lefty bat and he can be that guy given a chance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yes I agree with you. They are going to have to be selective in who they keep and who they let go. I think they keep Bregman and let Correa walk after his rookie contract. I think they get a long term deal done with Springer this year. They have altuve locked down for a good long while. I think Cole will be in Houston for a decent amount of time and I could see Verlander doing a couple one year deals after next season. I’m certainly no GM but that is what I would do.

I don’t know how long Realmuto is under team control by Miami but he is only 27 and not making much $$ right now. I just think trading a 21 yr old with a world of potential for a 27 yr old that is a great catcher would be a tough pill to swallow. 6 years is a lifetime in MLB as you know. We could use a power lefty bat and he can be that guy given a chance.

I agree on the pros and cons......like I said I trust Luhnow to get the right thing done. There are plenty of needs but with JV, Cole and Springer only guaranteed to be here one more year, I think there is sense of urgency to go hard and try to win another one this year. To answer your question on Realmuto, he has two years of team control left.

I also agree that if you can only keep two of the three I would prefer to let Correa go and keep Springer and Bregman. And like you, Im certainly no GM, let alone Jeff Luhnow.

Comment

I hope you are right on this. I agree. Correa I think is the one that needs to go. He is great when he is healthy but for as young as he is he has some major lingering health issues. I'm good with bregman and springer being the next biggio and bagwell and being stros for life.
                          Last edited by MarkV; 11-19-2018, 09:09 PM.

Comment

I don’t see where y’all think Springer can leave?

Comment

Originally posted by zztex View Post
                              I don’t see where y’all think Springer can leave?
                              I think a couple of us have indicated he is only under contract for one more year.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                                I think a couple of us have indicated he is only under contract for one more year.
                                Y’all would be wrong

Comment

Working...
                                X