No announcement yet.

Menard 2018-2019 season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am off Waddell also, how far down are you?

Comment

Originally posted by ontarget View Post
      I am off Waddell also, how far down are you?
      Very back

Comment

Originally posted by The Manager View Post
        Very dry at our place right now. But here are a few from earlier this summer. Right off of 190 about 12 miles out of Menard.
        If you ever need help getting rid of some of those pesky axis just let me know!

Comment

Bump

Comment

I went out Friday and our neighbor got 3.5 inches out of the rain earlier this week. His daughter two miles north of us got 4.5 inches. This is west of Hext and south of Hwy, 29.

Comment

Was out last Thursday. Checked the cams. Deer are looking good. Have 2 big shooters on camera. Ton of Axis. We had standing water in a few low lying areas of the ranch. Ready to get back out there!

Comment

Going up Sept. 15th for work weekend.

Comment

Lots of rain fell a week and a half ago. About 7.5" in town and at least 2" everywhere else that I am aware of. It was the best rain that we have had in some time and we are about ready for a follow up.
                  Adios,
                  Gary

Comment

Originally posted by elliscountyhog View Post
                    Was out last Thursday. Checked the cams. Deer are looking good. Have 2 big shooters on camera. Ton of Axis. We had standing water in a few low lying areas of the ranch. Ready to get back out there!
                    Pics or it’s not true!

Comment

Originally posted by lilbradford View Post
                      Pics or it’s not true!
                      Once I get this new phone set up I will get a sneak peak for you

Comment

Manager,
                        We are low fenced and have a roaming Axis herd.
                        Our Axis don't come to the corn very much or only stop by for a bite or two. Looks like yours are hitting the protein pretty good, but do they come when it is just corn?
                        Looking for tips to bring them in more. I have also tried Alfalfa bales without much success.

Also are those timed demand style feeders?
                        Last edited by Capp35; 08-21-2018, 08:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Capp35 View Post
                          Manager,
                          We are low fenced and have a roaming Axis herd.
                          Our Axis don't come to the corn very much or only stop by for a bite or two. Looks like yours are hitting the protein pretty good, but do they come when it is just corn?
                          Looking for tips to bring them in more. I have also tried Alfalfa bales without much success.

Also are those timed demand style feeders?
                          Ours live by the water. Lots of them everyday come to drink.

Comment

Originally posted by elliscountyhog View Post
                            Ours live by the water. Lots of them everyday come to drink.
                            Not ours.
                            Ours are more elusive and skittish than the whitetails. Snap a twig and they are gone.

Comment

Anybody got a dove report ? We're southwest of town, off of Ellis Road. Our dove shooting usually consists of evening shoots around the water troughs. I didn't get to go last year due to the hurricane and ensuing rains dumping 3.5 feet of water into our house. Hoping for a much better Labor Day weekend this year !

Comment

Headed up Labor Day weekend...to check cams and chill.

Comment

Working...
                                X