Hopefully no more rodents?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hopefully no more rodents?

I’m probably the only one crazy enough to spend the time to do this, hopefully it works! Last deer season the rats ate my air conditioning wire, insulation, and other things under my travel trailer. There was also a opossum that was sleeping in the insulation below the plywood floor. After poisons, moth balls, and several other items that were supposed to deter rodents they seemed to keep coming. I decided to bring my trailer home and fix the damage and try to “Cage them out”. I screwed a 1x4 to the frame the length of the trailer then screwed expanded metal lath to the 1x4 and sheet metal on the bottom edge of the trailer. It goes all the way across the bottom of the trailer from side to side. The metal is overlapped several inches and wired together where it laps. It’s very secure and I HOPE IT WORKS!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	3E4800A1-AB70-4B55-9038-239BAC038341.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	98.5 KB
ID:	25162418

Well, if nothing else you tried. Looks like a bunch of time and expense so I hope it works for you.

Comment

Good luck, I hope it works for you.

Comment

[ATTACH]930201[/ATTACH]

Comment

[ATTACH]930202[/ATTACH]

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
            Well, if nothing else you tried. Looks like a bunch of time and expense so I hope it works for you.
            I have a decent amount of time in it but mainly just a few hours in the evenings after work and when I had time. Expense wise I didn’t spend much because we sell these items where I work so it cost me about $80 total. The expanded metal is galvanized.

Comment

I wish you the best, but when I tried this it didnt phase mice from getting into our trailer. I never could figure out how they were getting in.

We ended up putting a commercial grade noise emitter inside the trailer. You can hear it 50 yards away its so loud. We still get the occasional mouse but for the most part it works. Keeping the grass mowed around camp and not storing extra corn there seems to have helped too.

Comment

This isn't the exact one we have but its similar:

Comment

Boy, they really pi$$ed you off. Don't forget to stuff a rag in the power cord hole, That's how they got into mine, walked right up the power cord.

Comment

You would have an easier time keeping air out, but u get an A for effort right there!

Comment

We had some similar issues and besides keeping the grass down i read bout putting mothballs in gallon jugs of water and poking holes in them ( i had tried just scattering mothballs everywhere around and under the trailer with no luck) after putting a jug at each corner of a 32’ trailer we didnt have any more issues the 2 years we were there and ine of those years rats where running around everywhere. Other guys at camp hat traps and poison and still having issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

A couple of pet rat snakes or coachwhips would have been easier and you would have had company to sleep with on cold nights.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                          A couple of pet rat snakes or coachwhips would have been easier and you would have had company to sleep with on cold nights.
                          And they could keep you cool on hot nights!!

Comment

Dang

Comment

anyone else with tips for rodent control. I'm taking my brand new 36' Forest River Vibe 308 BHS TT to the lease this weekend to leave for the rest of the season. I plan on running an ultrasonic repeller under the camper, silicon steel wool around the areas where there are small gaps in the underside cover. I already killed all grass where the TT will be parked, spraying Bifen under an around the area, spreading moth balls under or trying the moth balls in jugs of water method listed above, rat poison blocks in camp. I also will not leave any food in the cabinets, If any food is left it will be in a plastic storage bin sitting on the table.

Comment

Working...
                              X