ghost blind questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ghost blind questions

I've been thinking about building a 6'wide x 6 foot tall x8 foot deep ground blind using the "ghost blind" theory" . Does anyone know what angle the ghost blind panels "lean forward". My plan was to build the blind with a 3 panel "octagon front" and the 8 foot sides in "ghost blind" mode. If anyone can tell me the ANGLE that the ghost blind panels lean forward I would greatly appreciate it.

I have one and I would guess it's probably 15 degrees or so. I think what's important is the angle relative to where the animals will be. If they will be either uphill or downhill from you the angle required changes. I guess what I'm saying is, you would want it 15-20 degrees off of perpendicular to the slope of the land.

Comment

Also, I'm assuming the blind will be on the ground? If it's elevated at all, it would be tough to make it work as intended.

Comment

Yes Im talking about a ground blind.....I'm almost always hunting flat land....I'll take a look at the 15* to 20* range to see what works best... Thanks

Comment

does anyone have picture of these ghost? I would like to see one.

Comment

That mirror film is super expensive!!!!
            Have you priced it for the size blind you're talking about?

Just a guesstimate, but I bet you'd be close to 2-3,000 in material.

Comment

haven't priced the mirror film yet...still in the beginning stages of "thinking about mode"...try to find out all the details before making any purchase of any materials.

Comment

a few pushes of the calculator buttons tells me I will need ~5200 Square inches of mirror material to cover the front panels.....HomeDepot has the Gila mirror film at 36" x 108" = 6,480 square inches for $29.95.

Comment

I'm not following your calculations, but I may not be seeing it in my head the way you're picturing it.
                  That's a 3'x9' roll for $30
                  Last edited by Mac...; 01-18-2014, 09:56 PM.

Comment

ground blind

Sorry about that it's 3' x 15' 36" x 180" mis type with the 108" That should be enough material to do the front panels
                    Last edited by Problem Child; 01-18-2014, 10:10 PM. Reason: left a line out

Comment

That's pretty dern cheap!
                      May have to go pick some up myself for that price!

Comment

Interested as well, one is for sale in the classifieds

Comment

Use mylar is even cheaper at crafts store like michaels...
                          a friend used it in his weed growing thing and it is a mirror like as u can get lol

Comment

Working...
                          X