Javelina Hunt Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Javelina Hunt Question

Myself and a buddy are looking for a place in south Texas to bowhunt javelina. We would like to go during the Feb.-April time frame for a weekend type deal. We would like to spot and stalk, grab some grub, and just hang out to get away from the daily grind. We would like it to be a self-guided hunt. Does anyone have any recommendations/suggestions?

I’d suggest going in December or January if possible. They are more prevalent when lots of corn is being put out by deer hunters. They tend to disappear after February.

Comment

Originally posted by R. Gauer View Post
      Myself and a buddy are looking for a place in south Texas to bowhunt javelina. We would like to go during the Feb.-April time frame for a weekend type deal. We would like to spot and stalk, grab some grub, and just hang out to get away from the daily grind. We would like it to be a self-guided hunt. Does anyone have any recommendations/suggestions?

If ya need a third let me know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

You should look into the Texas Shoot-out. Big javelina hunt just outside Lapryor in February.

Comment

Originally posted by newmathewsfan View Post
          You should look into the Texas Shoot-out. Big javelina hunt just outside Lapryor in February.

I think 2020 is its finale.

Always looked like a fun hunt to join. I just couldn't bring myself to pay to shoot the things I pass for free.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
          X