Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Riddle me this Electric vehicle supporters.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In FEB. of this year we had 3-4days of below freezing temps. The power grid wasn’t large enough to handle everyone running their heaters therefore we had rolling blackouts and busted pipes everywhere!

Not to mention the huge nightmare of buying power from other people and everything.

What do you think is gonna happen next year when there are thousands more people that are now sitting at home with their heaters AND electric vehicles charging?

Do people really think the grid can support electric vehicles replacing gas powered?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Originally posted by FLASH_OUTDOORS View Post

Do people really think ?

No they don't.

Comment

Oh Oh Oh Flash, Ford says you can run your house on their new electric truck...lol

Comment

Well, on the flip side you can power your entire house for 3-10 days from your electric vehicle in the event of power outage.

Comment

We're gonna need more coal.

Comment

The grid didn't support what was currently on it.

Obviously upgrades were needed and will be needed to keep us progressing as more things go electronic.

Comment

Logic, can't have that. They go fast bro. Instant torque bro. That's all that matters!

Comment

Originally posted by wes122984 View Post
                Well, on the flip side you can power your entire house for 3-10 days from your electric vehicle in the event of power outage.

Maybe without electric water heaters, electric heat, electric oven, electric clothes dryer, pool equipment, ac condensers, etc........I’m a master electrician, I know better than to believe that. Might be able to run your lighting for 3-10 days but no way is it powering everything. People would be fools to believe that.

Comment

I in think it should be mandatory for every single person charging their vehicles at home to have solar power. Specifically for charging that thing.

Comment

I in think it should be mandatory for every single person charging their vehicles at home to have solar power. Specifically for charging that thing.

Don't say that too loud, sounds like a government subsidy waiting to happen...

Comment

I don't know the answer. But am fascinated with electric vehicles and believe they will be the future. My personal opinion is that the free market system will do its thing, and innovation in home and car powering will speed up tremendously as more and more electric vehicles create the demand.

Comment

Maybe without electric water heaters, electric heat, electric oven, electric clothes dryer, pool equipment, ac condensers, etc........I’m a master electrician, I know better than to believe that. Might be able to run your lighting for 3-10 days but no way is it powering everything. People would be fools to believe that.

Up to 30kWh per day and 9.6kW of power. Totally possible with transfer switch and running only the necessities isn't it?

No different than running off a power bank.

Comment

You need to stop clouding the issue with facts.....It doesn't help advance the cause....

Comment

Originally posted by wes122984 View Post
                            Up to 30kWh per day and 9.6kW of power. Totally possible with transfer switch and running only the necessities isn't it?

No different than running off a power bank.

9600w for 24hr is 230kwh. What are you talking about? Do you have specs you are quoting?

425w load for 3 days is roughly 30kwh.

That’s a couple light bulbs and a fan.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X