Progressive Insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Progressive Insurance

Anyone on here have Progressive insurance for home and auto? Shopped my insurance and my guy at Farm Bureau is getting an additional $1,397 out of me each year for the same coverage. Not interested if I will have trouble with a claim.

I have them for auto and have been happy. Had my first ever claim a few months ago and they handled it great in my opinion.

Comment

Not home, but auto and boat. They beat my door down to pay me for a boat claim after Harvey which I canceled. Auto had a few minor things, very painless and they have centers you can just drive into for inspection or they come to you. Had a big issue with Geico handling of a claim on my truck a couple years ago so I do have something to compare it to.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon B View Post
        Anyone on here have Progressive insurance for home and auto? Shopped my insurance and my guy at Farm Bureau is getting an additional $1,397 out of me each year for the same coverage. Not interested if I will have trouble with a claim.
        I was with Progressive Insurance for 6 months. I went from State Farm to Progressive for the same reason that you noted, price.

A couple of months into coverage with Progressive my wife was involved in a vehicle crash in her van, first incident in 17 years. Long story short, Progressive accepted fault for the crash. Other driver sued the insurance company for $600K. We only had $100K in coverage. So Progressive sent me paperwork to sign saying that I didn't have an umbrella policy. I refused to sign the paperwork because it was admitting fault to the crash. They told me that I was not admitting fault. After I highlighted the document and sent it back to them they said "oh, my bad, you're right". So yeah, that left a bad taste in my mouth considering that they were asking me to sign papers that would have me admitting fault to a lawyer that wanted to come after me for $600k.

To make it worse, Progressive did not pay out my claim according to their coverage listed under collision. I highlighted their coverage and they denied me over and over and over and over until I quit writing letters.

And to seal the deal, Progressive DOUBLED my premium on both my truck and my van for the renewal. When I called and asked why my truck premium was going up they had no answer. I still had a clean record. My truck was not involved in the accident, but they wanted to increase my premium with no explanation.

I went back to State Farm as fast as I could!

Comment

They insure my offshore boat, only because USAA farmed it out to them , home and auto are Usaa , they are more expensive but worth the price when filing a claim

Comment

Cheap insurance looks great until claims settlement comes around. They all equally excel at collecting your payments though. I've been happy with State Farm for many years. There are bad reviews on all of them. Big thing for me is to have replacement value coverage. Otherwise you risk them depreciating your property down to nothing at the time of loss. There are some, that will not write a replacement value policy.

Comment

Do yourself a favor and at least consider Amica. We have used them for home(s) and auto(s) for 30+ years and have never had a bad interaction. I grew up with State Farm. My wife with Amica. Really glad we went with Amica.

Comment

Had hail claims a while back and all went very well. Just talked to em today so we'll see how this one goes. Got T-boned.....by a deer!lol Missed the two I was watching and was just about to a stop and.....BAM!

Comment

I only use them for my motorcycle insurance. We use Farm Bureau for home and auto and have been happy.

Comment

Only for my toys, not home or auto. Luckily I’m not able to comment on them handling a claim!

Comment

I have progressive for auto/home and toys.
                      Have had very good luck with toy when rats chewed up all the wiring. Both of my daughters were in auto accidents last year and progressive was good to deal with.
                      Have not and hopefully will not have to test out home insurance. One thing on the home is they farm it out to another company.

Comment

May not matter to you it Progressive is owned by George Soros.
                        I don’t care how good their insurance is or how cheap. I won’t use them.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                          May not matter to you it Progressive is owned by George Soros.
                          I don’t care how good their insurance is or how cheap. I won’t use them.
                          Are you sure about that? A quick internet search says no.

Comment

Jon-reach out to bettleguy on here and see if he can help you. He helped me with my boat

Comment

I had progressive for auto for around 2 years, I recently bundled home and auto with geico and saved a good amount.

Comment

Working...
                              X