Best Place to set Pop-Up for bowhunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Place to set Pop-Up for bowhunting

In my earlier post I explained my situation and received some great feedback. My next question is where to set up? I already hunt a pop-up blind for rifle hunting on the pipeline. It is setup on an old railroad bed tressel. I can see up and down the pipeline and down the tressel. I have 2 corn feeders set up on the pipeline, 1 in each direction about 100yds from my popup.

I want to set a popup for bowhunting.

About 75-100 yds through the woods is a lane that we drive through the property.

Should I set my popup closer to one of my feeders to bowhunt or setup in the other lane through the woods?

Based on the advice I received from my other thread I may not mow as much as I have in the past. I usually try to keep the fence rows and driving paths mowed through the summer but I may drop that to once during the summer after it dries up.
    Last edited by U.S.ArmyRetired; 03-05-2021, 08:55 AM.

I would set up on a feeder 20 yards or so away. Figure wind direction you’ll be hunting and conceal it accordingly. Bend it and send it.

JJ

Comment

We have had our best success setting up 50-75 yards away and brushing our blinds in tremendously...

Hand Corning with some type of aroma filled mix... acorn rage, hog wild etc...

We can still see the feeder but seem to get more mature deer to come into the hand corn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BoWayne View Post
        We have had our best success setting up 50-75 yards away and brushing our blinds in tremendously...

We can still see the feeder but seem to get more mature deer to come into the hand corn

We've seen the same thing as this - good word. the youngsters in our area seem to hit the feeder quickly while the older ones sneak around it and only hit it a small percentage of the approaches.

Comment

The best thing you can do is to make a hole in existing brush and put your blind there. Add brush as needed, but it will die and need to be replaced or it will look out of place.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon County Slayer View Post
            We've seen the same thing as this - good word. the youngsters in our area seem to hit the feeder quickly while the older ones sneak around it and only hit it a small percentage of the approaches.
            Originally posted by BoWayne View Post

Thanks. I like this idea because if I am rifle hunting I don't have to worry about deer coming to a bait pile that I can't even see 75 yards through the woods.

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
              The best thing you can do is to make a hole in existing brush and put your blind there. Add brush as needed, but it will die and need to be replaced or it will look out of place.
              Plenty of brush. Briar thickets and underbrush. The thing I worry about is snakes. Lots of copperheads and cotton mouths in East Texas.

Comment

Any other ideas?

Comment

ttt

Comment

Working...
                  X