facebook solvent traps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

facebook solvent traps

Anybody else see these video ads every time you look at fakebook? I learned long ago never to order anything from FB ads but dang, they have some cool looking cores that I think could replace the baffle stack in my Form 1. Probably straight from china crap though.

I just asked a friend of mine if he would get his wife to order one for me. I'm afraid to click on it but I want one.

Comment

I saw this on Amazon the other day.

Sent from my SM-J737A using Tapatalk

Comment

A few guys in the shop ordered some. Had to drill the holes, but claim they work well.

Comment

HSI Detroit seized the internet domain “http://lafoauto.com/” pursuant to an international arms-trafficking investigation. HSI determined that more than 350 suppressors seized by law enforcement across the county were purchased from the website and smuggled into the United States from China as automotive parts.

Good luck

Comment

Nooooooope

Comment

Great way to get on the ATF Xmas card mailing list.

please excuse brevity and dictation errors.

Comment

I would stay away from those. I saw those months ago and thought about them, then decided it would probably be a good idea to not do so. My thought then was, once the Feds bust these guys, they will get records of everyone they sent one to. You don't want your name on that list.

Well about two weeks ago, I read a news story saying that the feds had busted one of the people selling these on facebook. Then they did just what I expected, they went down the list of people who bought them. The big story or what was mainly talked about in the story, was because of that first bust, they got the list of names of the bad people who had purchased these items, tracked them down and then searched their homes. They found one guy who had a highly illegal ghost gun, along with this highly illegal silencer. That's what they mainly talked about in the article I read.

So since then, I have blocked all of those adds, well they keep popping up. I am betting the feds are likely placing most of those adds, if not they will be busting those people soon and have new lists of people to track down. So I would not put my name on those lists, if I were you.
                Last edited by RifleBowPistol; 09-26-2020, 09:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bermise View Post
                  That' not the article I saw, that's what I figured was going on.

Comment

Don’t do it

Comment

Setting the legal implications aside, do you really think something that costs <$50 is going to work and not turn into a bomb on the end of your rifle/pistol?

Comment

No, I don’t think these would work and had no real consideration for ordering. Just saying they looked cool.

FWIW my form 1 components came from one of the main “solvent trap” companies that got busted and shut down right after I ordered. I have a stamp and didn’t it all legal as far as I can see so not worried. That was nearly 3 years ago. You could get all the parts on amazon easily back then. Now they pop up and get shut down in a day or two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
                          Setting the legal implications aside, do you really think something that costs <$50 is going to work and not turn into a bomb on the end of your rifle/pistol?

On a 22LR, yes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
                            Which is why you get a brother in law to test it...

Comment

Originally posted by Shinesintx View Post
                              Which is why you get a brother in law to test it...
                              Ha! Ha! Ha! That's a good idea.

Comment

Working...
                              X