I wanna buy your house

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who is calling from Howe Texas?

They call me 10-20 times a week and I don't answer.

Had one call from Hot Springs, blocked the number and it changed one digit and kept calling

Comment

I got a letter from a realtor asking if we were interested in selling as she had a client interested. Went in the trash. My house can be bought, but not for what they will consider a reasonable price.

Comment

We get offers weekly, if not daily. Most come in the mail. Some come by in person. I don't get phone calls from folks not on my contact list, so that's a good thing. I'm 67 if you are doing research and want ages of responders on this. I also get offers to pay off my student loan (never had one). I just ask them to send me a check and that's the end of the conversation.

Comment

I just play along , waste their time, tell em value is 1.5mil , put it on speaker phone and keep working. If we could all waste their time it helps knock down how many others they can bother in one day

Comment

Not to derail the schemes you are receiving in calls..

After 62... might want to look into a reverse mortgage. They are not horrible. Except for your heirs. Enjoy the money.

Comment

They call my work number all the time. If I'm bored I will play along until they hang up. Last one I told them I would take $2 million. He said "You really don't want to sell your house do you."
              I said absolutely. If he gave me $2 million, I would be out in two weeks.

No, my house and land isn't worth near that much, but I would take it.

Comment

You would be surprised at what personal information a realtor has access to. They can pretty much find out anything about you, what you paid for your current home, any liens, back taxes, the whole 9. They will typically target folks who are usually in some sort of predicament. They are also cash sales and can typically close in an extremely short amount of time compared to conventional style sells/closings. This looks good to the seller, who may be in trouble financially. This is usually done for an investor who will renovate and flip the house. It’s called wholesale. And you would be surprised at the number of people who go through with these deals.

Those are the serious guys

Then there are the people that fish in every pond to try to get a bite. That’s who you’re probably hearing from.

Comment

Originally posted by JES View Post
                  I got a letter from a realtor asking if we were interested in selling as she had a client interested. Went in the trash. My house can be bought, but not for what they will consider a reasonable price.
                  Ya got a letter just as soon as one property value increased. They offered not even a third of what it’s worth.
                  Last edited by Katsaregood; 06-23-2021, 11:25 PM.

Comment

I get them quite often the ones I laugh about are investment companies wanting to buy my land in Missouri I have had offers as low as $300 an acre

Comment

Originally posted by JES View Post
                      I have High speed Kart race track next door, he owns the land around my house, he has offered to buy my house, but for normal market price, he offered the property around me as commercial, so now i get calls letters even text, i just tell them to give me $500,000 and its a deal... no one ever responds the owner next door is a little mad at me...
                      i think since Hunt county is going build crazy, offers are going to be around for awhile, and one day someone might take me up on my offer, and i will have to decline...

Comment

I would like to know the info of some of the ones that send me post cards about buying my "vacant" land for about 10% of local market value.
                        Do a little research and call THEM up and offer 15% of what their current house is appraised at and see what they have to say

Comment

They wanna buy my house, refinance my house, buy my truck, sell me an auto warranty, sell me life insurance, or give me a credit card on a daily basis. Without the scammers and junk mail, I wouldn't need a mailbox.

Comment

Man, we have people coming to our front door. I would say one person every two or three weeks. Not realtors--just individuals that want (perhaps actually need) a house.

Comment

Heck, we are listing ours today since our area in general is hot. We already have other land under contract and our realtor knows what I want for ours, now just fingers crossed. It's a smaller house on a couple acres which apparently is a hot commodity, so well see. Our county is 6-8 weeks behind in closing apparently, so much for making it a quick process.

Comment

I'm thinking thats what happened to a neighbors property. Heard it sold $6k acre. Prices going for $15k+ an acre. Either inside real estate deal or someone sending out offers to owners.

Comment

Working...
                                X