Travel Trailer tires.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Travel Trailer tires.

I plan to haul my trailer to the lease, labor day weekend. The tires are 10 years old. I know they have to be replaced. The question high end tires or low end. The odds are it will set there 3 years or more.

6000 pound trailer.

Cheap if it’s going to sit

Comment

Used truck tires.

Comment

What size do you need? Mine are 2 years old with great tread but I'm considering buying some better ones.

Comment

Speaking from experience cheap tires will cost you a lot more than good ones if you have a blowout.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by bigl View Post
            what size do you need? Mine are 2 years old with great tread but i'm considering buying some better ones.
            205/75/15

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
              Speaking from experience cheap tires will cost you a lot more than good ones if you have a blowout.

I back this statement. You can turn your camper in to a 10,000 pieces of shrapnel in a second.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post

This right here!

Comment

If you don’t want any issues, Goodyear Endurance.

Tires are not something I want to deal with in Summer heat in Texas. Not to mention the damage a blowout can cause to your undercarriage.

Comment

Originally posted by captainsling View Post

Tires are not something I want to deal with in Summer heat in Texas. Not to mention the damage a blowout can cause to your undercarriage.
                    I just put a set of these on our travel trailer yesterday. We'll see how they hold up.

Comment

The problem is, a cheap or expensive tire will dry rot no matter what if left out at the lease, especially for 4+ years or more. The cheap tire will get you there with no problems if just a few hour drive but probably won’t get you back. I’d slap a few used tires to get there then just let it sit.

Comment

There are things you can do to preserve the tires when sitting for longer durations.

Jack them up off the ground, and you might as well remove them if you are gonna go that far.

Otherwise cover them with tire covers, plywood, tin, etc and keep as much direct sunlight off them as you can.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by captainsling View Post

I no longer by qoodwill. I will chose another company.

Comment

Cheap, tow at night and go 5mph below posted speed limit. I agree with others, good or bad tires are all going to dry rot.

Comment

I just picked up a travel trailer from my in laws. Trailer was jacked up and tires were covered up for at least 3 or 4 years. These were Carlisle 205/75/14's aired to max cold pressure at 50psi. Had three blow outs in less than a month. Two blowouts were within 30 minutes of each other. After that, I wouldn't run old trailer tires no matter the mileage.

If you plan on leaving these tires on the trailer while at the lease for a few years plan on getting new ones before you move it again.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
                              Last edited by andre3k; 06-20-2021, 06:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X