Opinion on this Ford truck for my son

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinion on this Ford truck for my son

Looking at a Ford F-250 4x4 with the 7.5L 460 V8 with manual transmission and 175,000 miles for my son. I know it’s a gas guzzler, but truck is really clean and straight and wondering how much life I can expect from this engine. I’ve been a Chevy man for years so don’t know much about them. I know a million factors could come to play, but what’s the overall reputation of this motor and truck?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm no help on you're issue...In same boat looking for a truck for son...The prices are crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by chehunt View Post
      I'm no help on you're issue...In same boat looking for a truck for son...The prices are crazy.

Absolutely nuts!

Comment

Had one previously and it was SERIOUS gas guzzler. 8-10 mpg on the hiway. Look at the underneath for oil leaks. Rear main seal, etc.

Comment

My brother had one 10-12 hwy and 6-8 pulling anything. No way unless you own a bunch of oil wells or a gas refinery.

Comment

For me it would depend on price and how it was used.
            If it spent the majority of its life hooked to a trailer, I would probably pass, unless the price was right.

Comment

I Guess Not

Gas and insurance is going to kill you and just till you start having issues with it.

Comment

Really depends on the price.

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
                  My brother had one 10-12 hwy and 6-8 pulling anything. No way unless you own a bunch of oil wells or a gas refinery.

Almost identical to my 2018 Chevy 2500 6.0

Comment

No need to answer but does your son have a heavy foot?

Comment

Originally posted by Bucknaked View Post
                      No need to answer but does your son have a heavy foot?

Good point. He does have a job and will be putting his own fuel in it.

Comment

As everyone else has already stated but if you pass on it, I would like to see it. I am just looking for an around the house work truck. nine7nine two3six 7zero4six

Thanks

Comment

Currently haggling on price but going between 15k-16k right now. The body and interior are a 9 outta 10.

Hmmm.....

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRASS View Post
                            Currently haggling on price but going between 15k-16k right now. The body and interior are a 9 outta 10.

Hmmm.....

Seems a little high for a 97 or older truck, but prices are ridiculous now...

Comment

If your son is young and the price is right, I’d get it for him. It’ll limit his driving and make him make decisions between driving around and wasting gas or stay at home and get things done. I also tell my patients to put their teenagers in the heaviest vehicle they can find due to they are more likely to get into an accident due to their inexperience driving. A teacher at a traumatology course has a saying that goes “more lugs, more hugs”. Just my 2 cents

Comment

Working...
                              X