This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by .243 WSSM View Post
    Lol making fun of Iowa St. Cyclone has done a 360 with their program and are legit. I guess it's time to cue the commodores and ****cocks.

360 or 180?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
      Two things....

It's mind boggling that Aggy seriously believes that recruit rankings get inflated when they conmit to Texas.

Vince Young quit on his team.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
      Its mind boggling when Texas fans don't think the rankings are inflated.

Texas has the lowest percentage of 4 and 5 star recruits get drafted in college football.

Texas blamed Mack. Mack goes to UNC and is kicking butt
      Strong failed, Tom 'Mensa' Herman failed
      All had great recruiting classes, yet new coach comes in as savior and the team is all of a sudden young and not talented.

Which is it? The team is stocked with talent and just has had terrible coaching for 10 years from several different staffs or maybe recruits get over hyped due to the businesses based on subscription revenue. Texas has 1 of the top 3 amount of fans for rivals and 24/7.

One quick example, look at hookfin the ol or the safety that was offered by texas after they lost out on like 5 other safeties in Texas 2 years ago. He shot up to a 5 star safety despite small school offers. Fast as hell, but is he even on the team anymore?

I mean development is important no doubt but even poor coaches can look good against vastly inferior talented teams. A lot of kids really talented can get drafted. It just seems more likely the rankings are overrated on some kids because who they commit too. However, maybe you are right. It is just the coaching has been so terrible that 140 4 star recruits or better only 5 get drafted....Just a sheer numbers standpoint talent alone would cause kids to get drafted. The lack of oline and dline talent has really killed texas overall. I am not sure how many dlinemen want to play in a 2 down scheme.

I just enjoy the lack of awareness. As long as Texas fans have that, it will continue to fail and they will keep paying 10 bucks a month to read sunshine propaganda and brag about recruiting rankings rather than wins.

Always good to see what schools have offered a kid. Bama offers are great but they disperse a ton of 'offers' and carpet bomb. When they really target a kid that is when you know you got someone special or if the top 15 schools are offering a kid then he must be great. Not a bunch of mid majors.

P.S. Sometimes kids don't get the bump after committing but they get a good bump before committing. The reason is the guys doing the rankings talk to the texas coaching staffs. Then they pump those kids up thinking Texas has the shot to get them. When they had Mack he always got the kids. Later on down the line, they struck out on those kids, then the kids would start sliding down the rankings when committed to someone else. Usually a slow creep. The recruiting analyst scramble around talk to texas coaches then players like hookfin and the Tyler Owens cat that became a 4 and 5 star out of nowhere
      Last edited by Beargrasstx; 05-27-2021, 01:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Beargrasstx View Post
        Its mind boggling when Texas fans don't think the rankings are inflated.

Texas has the lowest percentage of 4 and 5 star recruits get drafted in college football.

Texas blamed Mack. Mack goes to UNC and is kicking butt
        Strong failed, Tom 'Mensa' Herman failed
        All had great recruiting classes, yet new coach comes in as savior and the team is all of a sudden young and not talented.

Which is it? The team is stocked with talent and just has had terrible coaching for 10 years from several different staffs or maybe recruits get over hyped due to the businesses based on subscription revenue. Texas has 1 of the top 3 amount of fans for rivals and 24/7.

One quick example, look at hookfin the ol or the safety that was offered by texas after they lost out on like 5 other safeties in Texas 2 years ago. He shot up to a 5 star safety despite small school offers. Fast as hell, but is he even on the team anymore?

I mean development is important no doubt but even poor coaches can look good against vastly inferior talented teams. A lot of kids really talented can get drafted. It just seems more likely the rankings are overrated on some kids because who they commit too. However, maybe you are right. It is just the coaching has been so terrible that 140 4 star recruits or better only 5 get drafted....Just a sheer numbers standpoint talent alone would cause kids to get drafted. The lack of oline and dline talent has really killed texas overall. I am not sure how many dlinemen want to play in a 2 down scheme.

I just enjoy the lack of awareness. As long as Texas fans have that, it will continue to fail and they will keep paying 10 bucks a month to read sunshine propaganda and brag about recruiting rankings rather than wins.

Always good to see what schools have offered a kid. Bama offers are great but they disperse a ton of 'offers' and carpet bomb. When they really target a kid that is when you know you got someone special or if the top 15 schools are offering a kid then he must be great. Not a bunch of mid majors.

Camp grades, once again. Hookfin is a low 4 star OT (composite).

Not a 5 star, Hookfin is the backp to 5th year SR Oakfor at RT, he must be doing something right.

You're thinking of 2019 Tyler Owens from Plano East, 5 star on 247, not composite. Owens is the backup at SS to SR BJ Foster. He to is earning his keep.

Page Not Found (404): It looks like you're lost... The page you are looking for no longer exists.

As for the draft, they're headed back in the right direction. Had 4 drafted this last cycle.

Historically bad coaching since Mack was pushed out.
        Last edited by Chad C; 05-27-2021, 01:55 PM.

Comment

Texas had the #3 class in 2018, #3 class in 2019, and #9 class in 2020. I hope they get at least 4 guys drafted each year from here on out.

They have a decided talent advantage based on recruiting rankings over every team on the schedule next year, even over oklahoma but it is close. So Sark and his staff should out coach everyone. They will have better players than everyone they face. How many losses are acceptable for Sark before the fans turn? What will the blame be if they lose 3 or 4 games? Coaching? Talent? Can't be talent because it is not overrated by recruiting services.

https://longhornswire.usatoday.com/2...st-five-years/

Comment

Texas had the #3 class in 2018, #3 class in 2019, and #9 class in 2020. I hope they get at least 4 guys drafted each year from here on out.

They have a decided talent advantage based on recruiting rankings over every team on the schedule next year, even over oklahoma but it is close. So Sark and his staff should out coach everyone. They will have better players than everyone they face. How many losses are acceptable for Sark before the fans turn? What will the blame be if they lose 3 or 4 games? Coaching? Talent? Can't be talent because it is not overrated by recruiting services.

It's almost as if those recruiting rankings aren't so reliable...

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
              It's almost as if those recruiting rankings aren't so reliable...
              Lol.might just be onto something there

Some of you try way to **** hard. Yes Texas has sucked the last 10 years or more most Texas fans have admitted that more than once. Their coaches have done nothing with the talent they have on hand

Comment

Recruiting rankings are not reliable, at least the composite takes multiple services into the ranking of a prospect.

As mentioned by someone previously, Sark is sitting pretty good roster wise and has said as much, he is also lacking depth at a few positions and has said as much. Who knows what he does in year 1, but I'd bet on them going at least 9-3. They got all of their Spring in and should start out normal when the Summer comes to a close. I look forward to seeing what he can accomplish. He'll have a new QB at the helm as well.

Comment

That's one heck of a conspiracy theory. Lol.

Sheesh.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
                    360 or 180?

I failed trig. Thanks for showing my math illiteracy. Minute obtuse minute obtuse...

Comment

I failed trig. Thanks for showing my math illiteracy. Minute obtuse minute obtuse...
                      Trouble is . . Too many people are on the infinite 360 cycle . .

Comment

Comment

LB Ayodele Adeoyo has removed himself from the transfer portal.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Brock Middlebrook View Post

Popcorns in the microwave

Comment

Oh my...

Comment

Working...
                                X