Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Riddle me this Electric vehicle supporters.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FLASH_OUTDOORS View Post
    Maybe without electric water heaters, electric heat, electric oven, electric clothes dryer, pool equipment, ac condensers, etc........I’m a master electrician, I know better than to believe that. Might be able to run your lighting for 3-10 days but no way is it powering everything. People would be fools to believe that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Just plug your truck into the house as well and and it will recharge itself...duh!

Comment

Originally posted by Rush2Judge View Post
      Just plug your truck into the house as well and and it will recharge itself...duh!

Lol. That’s not how this works.

Comment

Lol. That’s not how this works.

Then, plug it into your neighbor's house.........

Comment

9600w for 24hr is 230kwh. What are you talking about? Do you have specs you are quoting?

425w load for 3 days is roughly 30kwh.

That’s a couple light bulbs and a fan.

x2
          Soon as you plug in a small heater, turn water heater on to take a quick shower it'll definitely drain it ALOT FASTER.

Comment

Originally posted by boy wonder View Post
            Then, plug it into your neighbor's house.........

There will be loss. The car will actually end up draining it’s own battery.

Comment

Originally posted by wes122984 View Post
              Up to 30kWh per day and 9.6kW of power. Totally possible with transfer switch and running only the necessities isn't it?

No different than running off a power bank.
              "Up to"...lol

It won't work.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                I don't know the answer. But am fascinated with electric vehicles and believe they will be the future. My personal opinion is that the free market system will do its thing, and innovation in home and car powering will speed up tremendously as more and more electric vehicles create the demand.
                The problem is that there is no free market system. The government is ****ing that up just like they are with power plants.

Comment

9600w for 24hr is 230kwh. What are you talking about? Do you have specs you are quoting?

425w load for 3 days is roughly 30kwh.

That’s a couple light bulbs and a fan.

here is what the website shows.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                    "Up to"...lol

It won't work.

my thought as well. “Up to” 300miles on a charge. With a 150lb driver, the passenger seats taken out, nothing in the bed. Tailgate down, with a tail wind rolling down hill.

Comment

Edit:I may be confusing 2 different vehicles, but I believe the 9.6kw is with the engine running...on gas.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                        "Up to"...lol

It won't work.
                        it is no different that using a powerwall…. it will work, how long and how much it will run or power is the question.

If you opt for the bi-directional 80-amp Ford Charge Station Pro, plus a home management system and an inverter needed to connect to your home, the F-150 Lightning will be able to output 9.6 kw of power through an Intelligent Backup Power function—enough to power the lights and appliances for days.

Smart power—other batteries not required

This is way more than the generous power ports already featured in the Lightning's frunk, cab, and bed. With the system, you keep the truck plugged in at its charge port and, if the power goes out the F-150 Lightning will automatically switch modes, effectively becoming a power brick for the home—enough for full home power for about three days, or partial power for up to ten days.

The system will also be put to use in the future with a Ford Intelligent Power feature that automatically allows home power to come from the truck during peak times and charges the truck when energy is cheap.

Getting F-150 truck guys in on energy independence

To get this functionality delivered and installed without fuss, Ford is planning to offer a zero-down Sunrun solar package that includes rooftop solar as well as the inverter. Sunrun, as Ford’s home partner, would install the inverter at a discounted price even if the homeowner opts not to get solar.

“No one has offered this before at volume,” said Ford global EV product development director Darren Palmer, who confessed that he was genuinely surprised by how many potential customers—including those in Texas—responded positively to this idea, especially from an energy independence standpoint, when it was tested.

“I guess in hindsight we should have known, but it really resonates,” he said with enthusiasm. “Would you like to be fully independent...to be able to handle this in all situations for X amount of money?”

Comment

Originally posted by wes122984 View Post
                          here is what the website shows.

It sill support exactly a 1amp load for a day! Do you realize what that is?

Comment

where do you get a 1amp load?

what i am saying is if a tesla powerwall can power most lights and appliances in a home then so can this....its the exact same thing.

it says based on a 30kWh use it can last 3 days and longer if scaled back....isn't that above the average daily use of a normal home?

Comment

as an electrician do you not install powerwalls?

Comment

I'm ready to go back to the 70's with points and condenser.

Comment

Working...
                                X