X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad I didn't pay for CHL.

Comment

Originally posted by Lynn21 View Post
      Are you guys kidding? Now every nut case , meth head , homeless idiot, convict, drug addict, the list goes on and on and on, can find or steal a gun, and walk the f...ing streets with it LEGALLY. Yeah that’s the world I want to live in, and have my kids and grandkids live in..... And here’s another point, will those of us that follow the law, get the money back that we spent getting our CHL? No we won’t. We should.
      Wow! Watch it thats only your shadow.

Comment

Originally posted by sbushee View Post
        I agree. I would hope that all the people that carry their weapons also train regularly with them. Carrying a gun and pulling it out to use are two completely different things. I hope those that choose to carry, train as much as they can.
        Train how ? Marksmanship ? Or when to pull your weapon ? The latter is gonna be very close to common sense, which might be hard to teach. The law says you must fear for your life, or the life of someone else. Pretty cut and dried to me. Some folks are gonna panic in certain situations and others won’t, but a piece of plastic is not going to make that difference.

Comment

take a thug, tell them behind door #1 is an unarmed woman with $10K , behind door #2 there is a woman with a cell phone and $10k , behind door #3 is a woman with a gun. ready to shoot whoever busts in ,and $10k .. which door does the Thug pick ?

now tell the same thug the same thing but don't tell him which door is which ...

now welcome to Texas !

thugs always use the path of least resistance... you don't even have to have a gun ... he just has to think you do...

this is what this law does ... make them think twice ... and go hunt somewhere else , like gun free zone when they know they will have the upper hand ...

and if you're a LEO and don't agree with this , level the playing field and leave your gun at home ... see how you like it when you have the same restrictions as the rest of us. i bet you wouldn't like that at all...

Comment

Awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by russ81 View Post
              i’m keeping my ltc for the states that don’t allow constitutional carry. As for all the chaos you mentioned they’re doing it anyway, but now law abiding folks are better protected from conceal rules and can bite back at these waste of humans.

Sent from my iphone using tapatalk pro

amen!

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                amen!
                X2
                [emoji846]

Comment

Good hear

Comment

Originally posted by andre3k View Post
                    I agree with pretty much everything you said. But politics plays a role as well. For years in Houston, we couldn't get federal charges for felon in possession cases. It got to the point where we were having to get guns printed and swabbed for DNA samples just to prove the suspect was in possession of a weapon and even then it still difficult. However, when there's a push from DC to deal with violent crimes in inner cities, the threshold for taking those types of cases gets much lower. In 2019 I seized two glock auto selector switches and an AR that had been converted to full auto and I couldn't get those cases to go federal but it would be pretty easy now.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
                    Yep, you know and deal with the system. Houston was where I was referring to but it has been many years. It absolutely matters who is in charge in DC and what the rules of the day is or what is the political hot potato.

When GW Bush was in office, we could stop any illegal alien and contact our local ICE agent and get an immediate hold placed on that person and bring him/her to the county jail for deportation proceedings. When he left office and was replaced by Obama, even a crime could not get them held. We would call and say we have an illegal alien held in the county jail for a DWI and is facing a year in jail and how did they respond? Don’t bother us. If you have a felony, we can call DC and see if they want to hold him. Our area agents could no longer make decisions even on felonies. It was not their decision, it was the orders they were getting from above.

At one point it would take several kilos to make a powder cocaine case. In the 1990s crack cocaine became the big drug in the news. That was the days of deadly carjackings where some dealers in order to get a car, would pull up to a red light and shoot the driver and then take the car. The feds responded by increasing the penalties for crack over powder cocaine and cracking down on the violent crime. I made an interdiction stop with my partner and we got not a few rocks or not a cookie but about 10 cookies of crack or almost 3/4 of a pound. We arrested two people and seized the car and a few thousand dollars cash. We went to the US Attorney‘s office to try to file a case. Without looking at the case, we were denied. The answer was that the USA appreciated the assistance of local law enforcement and thinking about them however they normally allow the crack cocaine cases to be prosecuted locally. As we were walking out the door the intake attorney asked, by the way how much did y’all get. We said the amount and the answer changed immediately to, the USA will accept your case. We said do you want to review the case with us and see what we did. The answer was no, the USA will take the case. So it went from we don’t want to even look at it to we will accept it without further review. Why? There is no way they would take less than half a kilo of powder cocaine but when it was almost a pound of crack, it was automatic. Of course the DEA and task force did their job and that opened the door for bigger cases against the ones we arrested and their suppliers. Yes it was news in the media a few months later. but it certainly matters what the crime is and who is in office at that moment.

Which brings what we know to the table. Is misdemeanor marijuana the same as an NFA item, particularly under the current Democratic administration?

While people might think that the federal government allows minor marijuana purchases under state law so they won’t interfere in other crimes, do those same people think that the Biden administration will overlook an NFA federal firearms felony?

I don’t know but I would not want to be the test case.

Comment

Does that mean you can now carry while hunting during bow season?

Comment

What about carrying during bow season.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommyh View Post
                          You know better than that. Driving is a privilege.
                          yeah, and privilege is not near the weight as a "right", so it'd be easier(in a politically correct world) to yank your drivers license.

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
                            Yes, I have seen cases and opinions that say to not be regulated by interstate commerce, everything has to come from within the state. So if you make a homemade hand gun but use wooden grips that come from Oregon, it can be regulated. If you buy steel billets to machine a frame that came across the state line, it can be regulated by interstate commerce. It doesn’t matter where the machine work is done.

And so on.....
                            so, are metal bars or wood blanks registered?

Comment

Originally posted by Bjankowski View Post
                              What about carrying during bow season.

Has this not always been a thing? Pretty sure I’ve read multiple times that fire arms can be carried during an archery season for no game animals if I’m remembering right

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bassdeer View Post
                                Can someone in plan English tell what this bill means? I know you won't need a LTC permit to open carry. Will you need a LTC permit to conceal carry?
                                The Texas LTC will be basically meaningless if you stay inside of Texas. The LTC will allow you to carry and certain other states where we have an agreement and to purchase a firearm from an FFL a few minutes faster.

Specifically to your question, there is no difference between open and concealed carry. The only requirement for open carry is it it must be in some kind of a holster. You cannot have in your hand walking around downtown or have a small gun hung around a necklace… unless there is a holster on the necklace.

Comment

Working...
                                X