Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Testing a New Wade Fishing YouTube Video Setup...Thoughts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pretty cool!

Comment

Originally posted by Skipshot View Post
      Pretty cool!
      Thanks. We need to make a trip sometime!
      My Flickr Photos

Comment

Take a spike or stake, plant it and fish next to the pole. This will control the wave wobble. Telescoping type stake would be easy to portage.

Audio is better than GoPro

Many using GoPro are action types, dubbing in sound, and not using audio at all

Just read your audio comment - this will always be the challenge

You can connect stringer to pole and a floatie with gear and tackle

The wading base station

The only draw back, if your covering ground, you have to manipulate the pole but, it will force you to fish slower and cover a zone before moving

If you get on a pattern, the pole setup is a good deal. Extra batteries and stuff away from the boat.
        Anchor and staging area - away from the boat.
        Last edited by AtTheWall; 05-17-2021, 12:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AtTheWall View Post
          Take a spike or stake, plant it and fish next to the pole. This will control the wave wobble. Telescoping type stake would be easy to portage.

Audio is better than GoPro

Many using GoPro are action types, dubbing in sound, and not using audio at all

Just read your audio comment - this will always be the challenge
          I've done the pole/stake thing and found that it limits mobility more than I want it to. In certain situations where I'm working a specific area it's fine, but when I want to work a shoreline or large flat, it's not ideal.

I have a small, waterproof external recorder that, so far, is the best option I've found, but it requires additional work to sync in post. As you say, audio will always be a big challenge.
          My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
            I've done the pole/stake thing and found that it limits mobility more than I want it to. In certain situations where I'm working a specific area it's fine, but when I want to work a shoreline or large flat, it's not ideal.

I have a small, waterproof external recorder that, so far, is the best option I've found, but it requires additional work to sync in post. As you say, audio will always be a big challenge.
            That's where you need a FLATS BOAT, that can float there without any issue

One of these days, I'll run you out on the Laguna with my ride - and you can see everything as we slowly drift less than 1ft

Stick a kite on the boat with that camera slung below - the scene is unreal from water clarity and visibility

And we can wave at the waders, as we drift between them and the shoreline silently

Miles and miles of shorelines and flats - ride the wind - it's a hoot

We will make plans Michael - meet down in the Coastal Bend and sail some of the stuff I hit down there
            Last edited by AtTheWall; 05-17-2021, 12:58 PM.

Comment

I'm surprised with all the techno advancement that they haven't improved on the wind noise w/ these snazzy cameras.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                I'm surprised with all the techno advancement that they haven't improved on the wind noise w/ these snazzy cameras.
                Actually, there have been quite a few advancements that have (or can) improved wind noise on most action cams. Most (including the Insta360) have auto low pass filter that blocks some of the wind noise, but it can also add a little distortion at times. I currently have that turned off, but I'll likely use it next time.

My Instamic external recorder with a wind screen works pretty well, but honestly (partly due to user error) a lot of what I wanted to record didn't get recorded (it's somewhat of an issue with the device that makes it difficult to tell if the device is recording or not).

It's all still definitely a work in progress.
                My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by AtTheWall View Post
                  That's where you need a FLATS BOAT, that can float there without any issue

One of these days, I'll run you out on the Laguna with my ride - and you can see everything as we slowly drift less than 1ft

Stick a kite on the boat with that camera slung below - the scene is unreal from water clarity and visibility

And we can wave at the waders, as we drift between them and the shoreline silently

Miles and miles of shorelines and flats - ride the wind - it's a hoot

We will make plans Michael - meet down in the Coastal Bend and sail some of the stuff I hit down there

I’m game! But I actually like being in the water while I’m fishing, sometimes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  My Flickr Photos

Comment

Michael, have you ever used or seen one of the duel rod holder chest rigs? It keeps the second rod on your back at like a 45 so it doesn't interfere with casting. I wonder if you could rig up something to stab into that rod holder? I am not at home or I would give you the name of the rig.

Comment

Originally posted by Blane View Post
                      Michael, have you ever used or seen one of the duel rod holder chest rigs? It keeps the second rod on your back at like a 45 so it doesn't interfere with casting. I wonder if you could rig up something to stab into that rod holder? I am not at home or I would give you the name of the rig.

I’ve been looking at the Waderight harness. It sounds similar to what you’re talking about. The basic model just has the rod holder angled across the back.

My Flickr Photos

Comment

I think this might work well. I wonder if the rod holder can be angled either direction?

Click image for larger version

Name:	wade-right.png
Views:	1
Size:	304.5 KB
ID:	24652650
                        My Flickr Photos

Comment

oops, wrong side...

Click image for larger version

Name:	wade-right-back.png
Views:	1
Size:	271.2 KB
ID:	24652651
                          My Flickr Photos

Comment

That is a game changer. I could watch videos filmed like that even with the wind noise. I am digging the 360 camera ability to film other waders catching fish. My only concern would be if you have a big fish and the donut becomes a hazard. Keep making those videos for us suckers who have to work. J/K

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                              oops, wrong side...

[ATTACH]1050028[/ATTACH]

I pretty certain the rod holder can move to either side. I have the madre sling and the rod holder moves and comes off.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                                I pretty certain the rod holder can move to either side. I have the madre sling and the rod holder moves and comes off.

Thanks Justin.

My Flickr Photos

Comment

Working...
                                X