2020/2021 east texas hunting thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
    Does anyone have experience with these types of demand feeders? Specifically whether or not they’re mostly hog proof. I need to do something but where I want to put it is a bit tight for a pen.

[ATTACH]1029989[/ATTACH]
    Interested as well.

Some overall measurements would be appreciated (trough size, height to bottom off roof, roof size)?

What do you use for the trough base? How do you keep the protein from clumping up and getting wet?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Anyone seeing bucks grouping back up yet?

Comment

Originally posted by SRK14 View Post
        Anyone seeing bucks grouping back up yet?
        Not in Anderson county this weekend. Bucks fighting each other and chasing the does

Comment

Does anyone have experience with these types of demand feeders? Specifically whether or not they’re mostly hog proof. I need to do something but where I want to put it is a bit tight for a pen.

[ATTACH]1029989[/ATTACH]

I’ve wondered if you could fence it back just far enough to keep a pig from climbing in but close enough a deer could reach over the panels and eat from the trough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Chasing does where we are in rusk county. It was a good weekend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by booger presley View Post
              Got my target buck down this morning been hunting him over a month

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
              Congrats

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoodkiller View Post
                Chasing does where we are in rusk county. It was a good weekend

I feel like we kinda overlooked your last two posts. LOL Sorry about that.

Congratulations to you and your group.

Comment

Originally posted by Marsh Bandit View Post
                  Not in Anderson county this weekend. Bucks fighting each other and chasing the does
                  Where abouts in Anderson County (just generally speaking)? They’ve pretty well wrapped up the primary rut where we hunt.

Comment

All of hard work has finally started paying off. We have killed a 171, 157,156, and 151. Low Fence

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Pernell View Post
                      All of hard work has finally started paying off. We have killed a 171, 157,156, and 151. Low Fence
                      Wow!

Comment

Heck of a pile of deer Goober

[ATTACH]1029989[/ATTACH]
                        I built one like that for my wife using an old creep feeder roof and scrap lumber. Its on landscape timber skids and has been in the woods for its 3rd season. I have not had any issues with hogs messing with it and we have PLENTY.

I cant remember how high the sides are but I did have to lower them a hair cause yearlings were having a hard time eating out of it. Most times the feed doesn't last long enough to get clumped from rain.

Comment

Deer ate 50 lbs of feed last night you’d think they are starving

Comment

[QUOTE=Pernell;15287558]All of hard work has finally started paying off. We have killed a 171, 157,156, and 151. Low Fence

Y'all are knocking down some real nice deer. Congratulations!

Comment

Mines prolly 36'' tall and they will get into it as far as they can reach.Id recommend a minimum 32' dia pen ,8 16'x48'' panels.But bigger is better.

[ATTACH]1029989[/ATTACH]

Comment

Same South of Riverside ,does are grouping up and hammering the corn piles.Bye Bye acorns.

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
                                Deer ate 50 lbs of feed last night you’d think they are starving

Comment

Working...
                                X