No announcement yet.

What's up with the rut??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am in Mills County and it seemed like the rut was going to start early this year. Lots of bucks chasing and dogging does.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
      Every year somebody asks the same questions..... early.... late.....not happening.......happening......not happening enough....they didn't rut....we missed it... etc etc....
      Yep and every year, by some miracle, fawns are born.

Comment

The big boys are on the prowl in Polk County.
        Attached Files

Comment

I have not seen the first buck chasing yet in Trinity County. Got several on camera, no swollen necks, no dark glands on hind legs. Does show up, eat, and leave with no bucks behind them. There are rubs and scrapes everywhere. Just zero visible chasing.

Spent many hours in the stand with nothing to show for it except a few hogs yesterday,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Several bucks are coming to the same oak tree. Rubbing it to death.

Comment

Saw 3 mature bucks this evening along with 4 young bucks.
              All were in the presence of several doe and not One was interested in Blanco county.
              Lots of movement today but no chasing just yet

Comment

By Oct 25th my spot near the Woodlands is normally covered in rubs but still nothing this year. I think they are running late here, a week ago I got a picture of 3 bucks still in their bachelor group. I hope the 2nd full moon comment was right, if so, they will start this weekend. Thanks to COVID, I'm working from my blind so hopefully I don't miss it.

Robert

Comment

Same rut dates every year. Blows some peoples minds I know

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                    The “rut” happens the same time every year. It doesn’t change. The weather, moon, doe population affects the daytime movement, But the timing doesn’t change

AMEN

Comment

Nothing happening here in Menard County but then it should not start for at least a week or two.
                      Adios,
                      Gary

Comment

Any word of action in Bandera? It’s Nov 9-11 every year and no signs yet at least from last weekend

Comment

Leon Co just saw a little buck trailing a doe, figured it was mostly over.

Comment

Originally posted by Aggie_bowtech View Post
                            Any word of action in Bandera? It’s Nov 9-11 every year and no signs yet at least from last weekend

It’s just started showing signs of starting this last week. Actually saw a decent buck cross the road in front of me this morning with his nose on the ground like a blood hound. Last year it was on fire the week of Thanksgiving for me and around my house.

Comment

My bucks have been chasing hard since late October in Mills County. They are really losing weight now. For the second time since I started running cameras in the late 90’s, I got breeding in front of a camera on the 9th. Dad watched a buck breed a doe last night as well.
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	B2473A1E-9F65-4E29-A995-499D53CF8925.jpeg
Views:	3
Size:	117.4 KB
ID:	24637550

Comment

my place in edwards county is still a week or 2 out. i usually see the most activity the week after thanksgiving with a second peak in late december

Comment

Working...
                                X