No announcement yet.

Colorado Out-of-Staters be mindful!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't go to Denver or the front range. I can't imagine you would run into this in the back country or west slope.

Comment

We had a couple of them blow our hunt one day a few years ago. they saw our plates, looked at the hillside we were glassing, parked their car, let their dogs out, and headed straight up the hill we were glassing instead of following the trail. hunter harassment is real, and the deciding factor may have been My Texas plates. other than that, Everyone seemed welcoming. All over SW CO there were signs welcoming hunters, as I imagine they get a significant bump in revenue from out-of-staters.

Comment

So steal some Colorado plates as soon as I cross the border... Got it..

Comment

I think I may print out a picture of CO plates and tape it over mine when parked at the trail head... lol

Comment

We had a little run in with a guy in a otc unit last year.. he tried to run his head about out of state hunters.. there's people from all over the country that camp together in the area.. he was a weekend hunter because he lived close.. he came down the mountain with a hind quarter one evening late.. ask us for help.. 20 people just stared at him until he got the point.. took him 3 days to get the meat off the mountain..

Comment

Originally posted by jds247 View Post
              We had a little run in with a guy in a otc unit last year.. he tried to run his head about out of state hunters.. there's people from all over the country that camp together in the area.. he was a weekend hunter because he lived close.. he came down the mountain with a hind quarter one evening late.. ask us for help.. 20 people just stared at him until he got the point.. took him 3 days to get the meat off the mountain..
              That's pretty funny. I would have laughed at him. Would have been better, if someone would have recorded his rant about out of state hunters and then again, when he asked for help.

Comment

I got back from Durango, no issues like that, but I can’t drive to there standards I guess. Two middle fingers and a head shaking in 3 days. I know I’m not the best driver when I’m outta my elimate but I haven’t gotten the finger in years, and I managed to get it twice in three days.

Comment

Aft:d

Comment

If they keyed my old beat-up truck, I probably wouldn't be able to distinguish their work from all the scratches I've put on it.

Comment

My wife's parents live in Loveland. Been going there for years as well as all over the state hunting. Never had a single issue.

Funny how they have that mentality toward us. If they were to come here I'd give them beer and a few slices of brisket.

Comment

Spent 10 days in Taylor Park last week....no issues at all..but everyone is there camping and riding trails....
                        Spent the day in Gunnison and had a issue at a Polaris dealership picking up a part....
                        They wouldn’t warranty the part I was replacing and the guy at the counter made a snide remark about taking it back to Texas and trying it there.....I just smiled and walked out...

Ate lunch at a nice Pizza place and had no issues.....

I love Colorado and would love to own a home there around Estes Park area....not sure how I would fit in tho

Comment

Went into Lake City for restock on some supplies. While checking out I noticed the resident person in front of me paid less for the same goods. So I asked why a loaf of bread and sandwich meat was 50% more for me than her and was straight up told because the non residents invade their towns for a short time and don't contribute to business year round. The residents do. So they didn't feel bad making a profit off us.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Colorado is somewhat like Texas in that the larger population areas are full of liberals. The folks who live rural or small towns not so much. The closest I’ve been to Denver is the loop on the E side, going to my favorite state of all, Wyoming !

Comment

No different than going to Louisiana fishing

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Wouldn't shoot someone for keying my truck. Thats silly. I'd just beat them severely, then give em' a lift to the middle of nowhere so they can enjoy nature alone for a long, long time.

Comment

Working...
                                X