Gillespie Co. Sit Rep/ first three weeks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gillespie Co. Sit Rep/ first three weeks

Three weeks in we’ve flung a good number of arrows. We’ve seemed to have developed a hog problem for the time being. Although they are excellent targets they seem to shy the deer away. Seen some decent bucks for before the rut and my wife took a nice old 9pt last weekend. I can’t imagine it not getting better from here on out with the cooler weather. We’re 585 acres of low fence, raw hill country pasture. I know the deer around these parts don’t get that big but we are very selective in what is harvested and it slowly makes a difference. My favorite thing about hunting unmanaged land is never knowing what’s about to walk into your sights. Keeps the excitement going strong every hunt all season long. Constantly seeing new deer every hunt.

. .jpeg[/IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice. Been hunting Gillespie county all my life. Grandfather got the lease in the 50’s. Un managed no cameras. 7 guys and only two of us will shoot does. We shoot what we are proud of.

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Our deer hunts last weekend quickly turned into pig hunts when we saw more pigs than deer lol. Taking the semi auto shotgun next weekend....

Jason Slocum

Comment

Congrats to the Mrs on the buck and you too on the hogs.
          My land is right on the border of Gillespie and Kerr In Harper. Would love to see some bucks like the ones you posted. Not many hogs in our area, but we do get Axis.

Comment

Congrats on the harvest.

I am by Cherry Spring on 87 and have seen more hogs this year, rooting up areas by water. Not much exotics. But have seen a good number of snakes before all of the rain.

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Working...
              X