A good weekend for hog slaying!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A good weekend for hog slaying!

Headed north of Snyder to get on some hogs tonight. 3 shooters, and myself filming. 6 thermals total, with 3 rifle mounted, and 3 handheld. A Trijicon MK3 60mm, 2 Trijicon REAP 35mms, a Flir RS64, a Pulsar Trail XP50LRF, and a Pulsar Trail XP38 that I’ll be filming with. The MK3, a REAP, and the XP50LRF will be rifle mounted. We’ve been slaying em with two shooters lately, so hoping for a better outcome with 3 shooters and more eyes.

Tomorrow night we’re heading north with #ProjectPredator (search it on Instagram). It’s a highly outfitted 2017 Polaris RazorTurbo 4 seater. It will be lights out driving with NV and a few pintle mounted machine guns. LOTS of hog infested open wheat field to really open it up, and keep the hogs centered until they’re eliminated. Footage from tonight will be posted pretty quickly. Tomorrow night I may be on hold until the owners OK release. Either way lots of hogs will perish this weekend!

Nice good luck!

Comment

Sounds fun!! Good luck!!

Comment

Jealous!!! Good luck

“There's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.” -Fred Bear-

Comment

We finished up the night with roughly 22-25 hogs. I was trying to keep count as they dropped, but lost a couple that we think dropped. Two shooters of the three were inexperienced behind thermal, and had a bit of a learning curve. The last couple of sounders we got on they performed very well, but I’m pretty sure we’ve got a solid 60 seconds of video with solid gunfire and no hits during that time period

Comment

[ATTACH]961369[/ATTACH]

Comment

[ATTACH]961370[/ATTACH]

Comment

That’s some bad to the bone setups.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Not messing around

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	CDF2C903-8A0D-4B00-B8B4-754368F7AA9A.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	98.7 KB
ID:	24583626

It’s about to go down!

Comment

Awesome

Comment

Man you got it going on, we need more pics of the action! Awesome stuff

Comment

So last night ended up great fun, but not huge numbers. We figure anywhere from 16-20 kills with the 240, and then a couple more with rifles. This was the first night out in the Rzr, and was a real learning curve at first on how to coordinate everyone’s efforts to remain safe and effective. The pinto mount needs to be rethought out as well, as it was too high to easily shoot hogs being chased. It did claim its share of victims though.

Overall for Friday and Saturday night we figured we were just under 50 hogs. Not horrible, but we can do better. I’ll post a few pics that are on my phone, but many of them were on another phone/PVS -14 and camera I was using for footage.Click image for larger version

Name:	B20B10CD-EBD7-4190-BCA4-6CA10A68F23D.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	40.8 KB
ID:	24583656

Comment

A little pregame shenanigans

Comment

Bahahaha that was awesome! Was not expecting that!

Comment

Working...
                              X