Property Tax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Property Tax

I hear a lot of complaints about property tax. I too am complaining. Tired of complaining.

How do you fight it?
    Does it work?

I never have. I hear some say they are successful, but they have mine valued pretty close where I live so I can't see where I could have an argument. All taxes are too high because they waste money !

Comment

I have fought it most every year. I use a company that goes in and does the protest for me - they get 40% of the taxes the save me. It has been well worth it in my case

Comment

Is it okay to just call them up and ask where in the world they got the value? Do they have to prove the value with comps or anything? Or is this part of the protest process?

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
          Is it okay to just call them up and ask where in the world they got the value? Do they have to prove the value with comps or anything? Or is this part of the protest process?
          You should be able to go online to your county website and pull up all properties around your to see what the values are. In my experience if you try to protest yourself and even if you have back up comps it is difficult to get them to come off the value. When you use a company to do it the success is higher - not right but that seems to be how the process works

Comment

You May find some good info here:

By the way, are you in favor of the proposed $5000 raises for every teacher?

Comment

O’Connor and Associates. They fight for you and take half of whatever the savings is. If they don’t get it lowered, you pay nothing.

Use them every year and have only not had it lowered 1 time.

Comment

That is perfect. Someone that knows how to do it and they take half. Completely OK with that as I have experience, patience, or knowledge on how to even go about it. Or time which is the biggest factor.

Thanks folks.

Not sure about the 5k across the board raise.... That is a whole other ball of wax.

Comment

Originally posted by captainsling View Post
                  O’Connor and Associates. They fight for you and take half of whatever the savings is. If they don’t get it lowered, you pay nothing.

Use them every year and have only not had it lowered 1 time.
                  I called them today. Waiting for them to call me back. Only lived in Montgomery County a year. Anyone else in Houston that anyone would recommend?

Property Tax Lock was wonderful for Tarrant County flat fee.

Comment

Property tax assistance in Cleburne Texas if your in this part of the state. My Mom runs it and my sister is her assistant.

Comment

I put these guys on autopilot about 5 years ago
                      Simple and they have saved me money

Property tax consulting services including property tax reduction, tax assessment, appraisal, and challenge for commercial and residential properties in Texas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                        You May find some good info here:

By the way, are you in favor of the proposed $5000 raises for every teacher?
                        Yes Sir I am - was a teacher at one time and left because I could not support my family so I changed professions. My daughter is a special ed teacher with a degree from Baylor - she is totally underpaid for the job she does as are most all other teachers.

I get the connection with property taxes and paying teachers - however what I am for is for our state and country to stop paying free loaders (food stamps and the like to have more babies and sit on the front poarch) while not paying dedicated teachers for their value to our kids. On top of that most school districts in Texas are not run properly or like a business would be run - there is plenty of surplus to pay teachers if they will cut back on the handouts

So yes I will fight my constant property tax increases while supporting teacher raises - just my opinion

Comment

I got my appraisal lowered 35k last year by protest. This year they went up 40k. Already have my appointment set.

Comment

Here us the deal - in most counties in Texas the appraisal districts throw out increases - they know that only a small percentage will protest. The rest of the property owners either do not pay attention or are elderly and do not know how to protest. So at the end of the day the county receives the majority of the money for the increased taxes and life goes on

The Texas legislature is passing a law that limits the annual increases to 2.5 percent per year - of course the liberal cities (AUSTIN) are totally against the limit - I love Liberals!

Comment

Thinking about fighting mine, up over 10% again the average shows from 2014 - 19 up 68.7 % that's a 10% each year bump. I am not getting a 10% bump in salary each year so I am seeing the getting priced out of my house fight everyone keeps talking about.

I don't see how the city is being blamed for this when it is the county that is setting the appraisal, but if the Leg can pass the 2.5% cap I am for it. Or even if they send it to vote on, I'll vote for it, screw the new parks and museums and fat city checks going to numbnts in charge.

Comment

Working...
                              X