The Ticket 25

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Ticket 25

Today is the little Ticket, 1310 am's birthday. So glad I stumbled across this Dallas culture icon years ago. I figured it's fitting to make my first new thread about The Ticket on the 25 year anniversary of their first broadcast.

I enjoy listening, mostly to the Musers in the morning but I like everyone but the Hardline.

Comment

Dilley dilley

The first show I ever heard was Rocco, not too long before he got the boot. I've listened pretty much daily for over 20 years.

Bob and Dan are my favorite show and love him or leave him, Jake is the future of that station. I think he's good.

Comment

To me, the ticket is podcasts, GS, Americana/texas/red dirt... the alternative to commercial sports and talk radio and TV and entertainment in general. Like the GS it's an exclusive club, you either get it or you don't, but everyone is invited.

Jake seems to be the future but as I listen to the guys reminisce today over the last 25 years it's obvious why The Ticket has survived so long, they all genuinely like hanging out with each other and that's something that isint duplicated on any other radiostation, or TV program out there... it will be a sad day when these guys call it quits.

Comment

Day 1 P1

Comment

One of my all time favorite events in Ticket history. "Bart Star wasn't that great!"

Comment

Whats yall's favorite skit that Gordo does? I laugh real hard at Randy Cody

Comment

this an article from the morning news today. Not a bad read if your a listener. I found the station the 2nd or 3rd day it was on and have been a P1 since. Musers are my favorite. Wake up with them everyday. Hardline used to be good, but they wear me out now. Rhyners and old burn out, and Corby is a tool. I now listen to them very little.
                The sportday App is great for ticket content. If you dont have it, get it if your a ticket fan.
                Anyone going to ticket stock this weekend?

Comment

P1 from Day 1. I distinctly remember being barely to receive the signal in Cedar Hill where i was working at the time. Good times.

Gordo's saturday morning shake down of Rocco's melt down was probably my favorite of all time. It was so much better in the early days when they didn't care about anything. No sponsors, team affiliations, etc.

Bring back THE RANT!

Comment

Originally posted by 67olds442 View Post
                    None. The only time I turn it during the day is at 8:40. I just can't fight through it, that stuff just isn't funny to me.

Comment

Hard to beat fake Jerry. I think JJ has even admitted as much. Deep throat kills me to.

Comment

Comment

I think troy aikmans favorite is the touch down brothers, he mentioned them on a broadcast this year and Joe Buck was like, ok....

Comment

I have been an addict for over 20+ years. I remember calling in as a kid to discuss Corliss Williamson and Joe Smith.

I thought they were hilarious, and enjoyed the everyday conversation over the air. The camaraderie is definitely what has kept me tuned in. The chemistry is unmatched, and the flow is just not duplicated anywhere else.

I have been to 2 Ticket stocks and a couple fight nights. It is always a good time.

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
                              I have been an addict for over 20+ years. I remember calling in as a kid to discuss Corliss Williamson and Joe Smith.

I thought they were hilarious, and enjoyed the everyday conversation over the air. The camaraderie is definitely what has kept me tuned in. The chemistry is unmatched, and the flow is just not duplicated anywhere else.

I have been to 2 Ticket stocks and a couple fight nights. It is always a good time.
                              Lol my ticket claim to fame was calling in around 2002 or so and asking yhe hardline why the Rangers couldn't move Pudge to 2nd base, Mike and Greg kept me on the line for 2-3mins asking me questions and discussing it. When I got to work the next day an old manager we had came and asked me of it was me on the radio.

Corliss and Joe Smith are my NBA wheelhouse, I watched every game I could back then.

Comment

Working...
                              X