Hand corn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hand corn

So you guys school me on hand corn around feeders...

Do you have feeders set to twice a day and still throw extra hand corn when you sit?

Do you reduce the spin time and throw you hand corn to be more enticing in your preferred shot spot?

Asking for a friend...

Just throw some extra corn out when I sit.

Comment

if I'm hunting a feeder ill put out a pile for them to present a better shot. I usually hunt the trails about 50-100 yards away though.

Comment

Hand corn

Hitch feeder and corn the sendero, always what I do for rifle hunting. While bowhunting I don’t hand corn, just let my feeder do it’s job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Last edited by Jmsck12; 10-22-2018, 10:07 AM.

Comment

Hand corn or pile of acorn rage I one or two places I consider a perfect shot.

Comment

I prefer 50-100 yards away. Don’t worry about what’s going on over there. Mature bucks will be on the pile.

Comment

With feeders I spread corn with my gator. I want bust out deer that are already there. They are use to the gator and me spreading leaving treats. When I leave they think I'm gone and comeback. Got hurry back before they return. Tuthdoc trick he taught me.

My bowblind doesn't have a feeder I just hand corn. Usually when I hunt it I will drive in on Friday and dump 100-150 pounds. I will do the same when I leave Sunday. Very seldom will I hunt that stand in the morning because deer are on it .When I do I drive the gator past it and then go park and hurry to get back before deer return. They are use to the gator hearing it almost every weekend so they don't really spoke from it.
              Last edited by BrandonA; 10-22-2018, 09:23 PM.

Comment

I put a little hand corn in a pile where the wind and position is most favorable for a shot. I don’t always take hand corn but find it useful when I do.

Comment

I do it. When the deer hit the corn hard, they can wipe it out quick

Comment

I throw a scoop full of corn at the feeder. It’s stretches the hunt if I get covered up with deer and it has bailed me out numerous times over the years when my feeder didn’t go off for whatever reason.

Comment

I put hand corn where I prefer my shot to be. If you have a little pile of cactus or a very small bush you can put some corn behind that so when they are eating the corn the cactus is blocking their eyesight towards you.

Comment

Why put hand corn near a feeder?
                        Find another location and sit under a tree then put out 5 lbs of corn 25 yards away.

Comment

I make V-shaped nests with limbs and put my hand corn in the V. I orient them so the deer is slightly angled away from me and I build them tall enough that with their heads down they can't see me or put them partially behind a tree.

Comment

I corn about 250 yards out 4 ways from each feeder. Comes out to about one 50 pound bag per hunt.

Comment

your way overthinking hand corn lol

Comment

Working...
                              X