Employer Provided Medical Insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My employer just released our open enrollment plans. Our 80/20 United Health care medical plan went from $312 every 2 weeks to $417, every 2 weeks out of pocket. This is for the myself and the wife and kids.

Is this inline with other employers health care insurance plans?

Their trying to push us to a high deductible plan. Which I am concerned about due to being on blood pressure medication and low T treatments.

I have been running now about 5 yrs and lost weight, but still have to be on blood pressure meds.

This does not include dental.
    Last edited by Ungawa; 10-23-2019, 05:35 AM.

Really depends on the employer & how much they pay toward premium vs the employee. I was on the high deductible HSA plan for a short stint with a previous employer. I didn’t care for it as they didn’t put much $ in annually for the employee. Some companies may supplement much more. Took our daughter to the Dr to check to see if she had the flu. They did the nasal swab & it was negative. 15 minute visit & that 1 test cost $240
    Last edited by HogHunter34; 10-23-2019, 05:35 AM.

Comment

My employer pays my insurance but I have my son added. Just him alone costs me $538/ month.

Comment

I'm on my company's 85/15 high deductible plan, but to compare mine is $78 every two weeks. Dental is $16.
        Yours does seem high. As far as co-pay on medications, my high deductible plan has a cap on most prescriptions. I dread refills in January, but my out of pocket goes down every month.

Comment

$230 per month for just me or entire family. $400/800 deductible I believe. Medical/dental/vision.

Comment

I dont know the deductibles but mine is less than 300 a month through my employer. I know we arent on the high deductible plan..

Comment

That’s actually about normal. School insurance is higher than that

Comment

What is the deductible in the high deductible plan? If you put that $312 into your tax free HSA it’s almost $7500.
                Does your employer kick in anything for the high deductible plan into the HSA?

I have been on one for 1.5 years and like it. We still get the negotiated rate from Cigna at the docs and pay for it out of the HSA debut card. If you get some employer contribution in the HSA and can build up some cushion in the HSA before you have a doc visit, there isn’t anything out of pocket in my planI have money built up from taking my normal monthly insurance payments and putting into the HSA.

Also depending on your plan many of the common preventative medicines such as cholesterol and blood pressure are free. And if not GoodRx.com can save a ton of money, but any of those medicines don’t go toward your deductible, but can be paid with HSA debit card.

I think there are a ton of plans and your mileage may very. If you want to discuss, PM me as we just went though it at my job. So it is fresh.

Comment

Originally posted by Ungawa View Post
                  My employer just released our open enrollment plans. Our 80/20 United Health care medical plan went from $312 every 2 weeks to $417, every 2 weeks out of pocket. This is for the myself and the wife and kids.

Is this inline with other employers health care insurance plans?

Their trying to push us to a high deductible plan. Which I am concerned about due to being on blood pressure medication and low T treatments.

I have been running now about 5 yrs and lost weight, but still have to be on blood pressure meds.

This does not include dental.
                  So you pay over $5 per hour towards healthcare. That's insane!

Comment

That’s about what my company is for the 80/20 (me wife and kid). It’s really high, supposedly it’s because they’re self insured. My wife’s company is around $250 and much better insurance and deductible is less than half. I hope she never wants to stay home full time, her benefits are too good!

Comment

Still cheaper than paying for it on your own!

Comment

Mines 55$ every 2 weeks
                        One of the perks to working in the healthcare field

Comment

You need to kiss your employer.

The wife and I are on the 0/100 private plan and pay $1500.00 a month for a high deductible plan just for the two of us.

You working stiffs need to figure how much your employer is spending on that part of your benefits package.

Comment

Originally posted by kingranch View Post
                            Mines 55$ every 2 weeks
                            One of the perks to working in the healthcare field
                            My wife is a nurse . The Baptist hospital wants close to 3 times what I pay at the plant for insurance.

Comment

Im on Aetna 80/20 and with me and my wife i think its around 210 per check total for Health, Dental, vision, Hospital insurance (new for us), and accident insurance(new for us), as well as all my life insurance etc.

I think the 80/20 portion is around 147 per check for both of us

Comment

Working...
                              X