No announcement yet.

Official Lake Georgetown Public Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thinking about going out today @3:30, but i don't know with all this rain my spot may be underwater. Maybe i'll get a shot at a snorkel'n doe.

Comment

Originally posted by Falling View Post
      Thinking about going out today @3:30, but i don't know with all this rain my spot may be underwater. Maybe i'll get a shot at a snorkel'n doe.

Good luck maybe you can follow this bunch.
      Attached Files

Comment

no luck only illegal bucks even going to my spot.

Going to try Angelina National Forest this weekend instead. ~~ come on cold front buck or doe.

Comment

Originally posted by Falling View Post
          no luck only illegal bucks even going to my spot.

Going to try Angelina National Forest this weekend instead. ~~ come on cold front buck or doe.
          Are they not closed from the shutdown too?

Comment

Originally posted by justintyme8303 View Post
            Are they not closed from the shutdown too?
            Far as I know i can hunt it. I can't find no information sayin i can't. I see a lot of stuff about campgrounds being closed and some roads being blocked, that don't bug me none.

If I can't hunt the normal forest i can always go hunt banister because I have a public land pass.

Comment

Sitting and waiting.......

Comment

good luck maybe they will move with that cold air

Comment

Since the government is back open, all of you who moved your crap over into my zone, can now go back to your own spots......... Thank you have a nice day.

Comment

Btw. I'm in the stand this morning.

Comment

Originally posted by ReDNeQ View Post
                      Since the government is back open, all of you who moved your crap over into my zone, can now go back to your own spots......... Thank you have a nice day.

What do you mean? Did hunters relocate to "your" hunting area with out asking?

Comment

Heading out early.

Will be at stand by 6:30ish.

Hoping to stay as long as possible. Gonna be 49 in morning

Comment

Me too....Good luck

What area you hunting? Ill be parked at Russell

Comment

Originally posted by justintyme8303 View Post
                            What do you mean? Did hunters relocate to "your" hunting area with out asking?
                            The area I hunt was a doe and spike only area. Not many people want that and not many people were there last season.. Maybe 6 of us.

After the first week setup, I asked Stacy how many of us are over there.. 5 maybe 6 she said.. Just last week there were 4 cars there besides mine, and I know 3 of the other hunters in that area were not there nor was there anyone in their stands.

I also now that the week of the shutdown, nothing moved out there. We didnt get anything on cameras. It was like somebody came through there and slowed the world down to a crawl..

SO long story short. I do believe that there are people in LGT that are moved based on access.

btw, one morning i met a guy in my parking spot saying that he was behind us a little ways. I asked him when did he setup, he said the first day... BS.. if his stand was behind ours from the first day, he wouldve been there while we were there, also the only thing behind us is a housing subdivision, and less than x yardage.......

Comment

Nice out this morning. Not sure how the full moon this morning is gonna make a difference but we will see.

Comment

Just heard a big splash now I am watching a young buck swim across the lake!

Comment

Working...
                                X