Heavy Arrows = Pass Through

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
    I bet if was to draw my bow back and point it at you, you will drop your calculator and run..
    You wont be worried about arrow weight.. And rightfully so..

Of course I would never do that..
    You’d probably miss. Also, scales are used to measure the weight of an object. Calculators are used for calculations.

Comment

Originally posted by crc View Post
      You’d probably miss. Also, scales are used to measure the weight of an object. Calculators are used for calculations.
      LMAO.. Yea I'm not to good at hitting something that is hauling azz.

Nice buck in you're avatar by the way.. Local?

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
        LMAO.. Yea I'm not to good at hitting something that is hauling azz.

Nice buck in you're avatar by the way.. Local?
        Yes sir local low fence buck

Comment

I agree that’s a hell of a buck in your avatar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have been thinking about arrow weight lately, never cared before. This probably is a stupid question but are we talking total arrow weight or weight with out head? seems both ways. I am shooting total weight of 442 at 29 inches. Is this considered lite or heavy?

Comment

Originally posted by Paycheck View Post
              I have been thinking about arrow weight lately, never cared before. This probably is a stupid question but are we talking total arrow weight or weight with out head? seems both ways. I am shooting total weight of 442 at 29 inches. Is this considered lite or heavy?
              Total areow weight

442 isn't super light but it definitely isn't heavy

Comment

Originally posted by haas0311 View Post
                lol, my new arrow setup is 660 gr out of my D350 set at 30" draw and 72#'s. Hammers for sure!
                I am going to have to run this arrow setup through a chrono and see what speed I am getting. It has been fast enough to kill some critters though!

Comment

50# Creed, 28" arrow, weighing in at 360grains, 276' per sec, shoot Wasp Jak Hammer, Wasp Boss Bullets and Rocket Wolverines. Pass throughs are 100% so far.

Comment

Just got back from hunting deer juuuust a bit larger than these East Texas deer. 4 bucks shot. My Topo Chico 385gr blew through from a 60# 28”, Josh’s 400g broke the biggest bone in leg and broadhead was poking out other side... ran forever. Took nearly 30 yards to recover it. Randy’s 450g passed through no problem and didn’t another. Both non pass thoughs were shorter tracks

Comment

457 grains from a 28.5 inch Hoyt at 70 lbs. only non-pass throughs have been two spine shots 1 deer 1 pig. 10 plus pass throughs

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Every time I check back in on this thread, I'm reminded why there are so many threads with "help, I can't find him" in the subject line.

Comment

Originally posted by tradslam View Post
                          Every time I check back in on this thread, I'm reminded why there are so many threads with "help, I can't find him" in the subject line.
                          "It was a perfect shot, I got about 3" of penetration, I know he's dead but I can't find him!"

Hopefully I get a chance to stick my 560 grain Day Six logs through an elk next week to see how they do, they sure zipped right through my muley!

Comment

Originally posted by tradslam View Post
                            Yep

Comment

Seen deer total a car and then jump a fence and run off.
                              Shoulda used a dump truck i guess.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                                Seen deer total a car and then jump a fence and run off.
                                Shoulda used a dump truck i guess.

Just because they ran off doesn’t mean they didn’t die..

How many deer have you shot with your bow that were dead at the point of impact?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X