Sandhill crane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oneforthewall View Post
    They do work and if you can find some on clearance its worth the time to paint them. There are some high quality crane decoys on the market now but they are pricey! I mounted 43 "stuffers" for a buddy to hunt over, SUPER effective but also expensive... Good luck!
    Stuffers are great!!

Comment

Wind socks from Texas hunting products if they're still in business might be the cheapest option. We usually kill em in a goose spread but that's for sure not the cheapest option!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
        Wind socks from Texas hunting products if they're still in business might be the cheapest option. We usually kill em in a goose spread but that's for sure not the cheapest option!

That's what we started on. Killed a pile of them! Kind of like fish finders, have to continue progressing

Comment

Originally posted by .243 WSSM View Post
          ^^^^^ This guy knows his stuff. Every time I hunt with him I get a limit. TBH discount if you ask him nicely
          Where is he located wt

Comment

We shoot them over silosock decoys

Comment

Everytime I talk to someone in our area about Sandhills they ask why I don't hunt them. Because the area we are in, it is illegal to hunt them. That area is north of I10 and east of I35.

I'm amazed at how many people do not know this. So, the first thing is to make sure you are hunting in a legal area.

Comment

Originally posted by joevillars View Post
                What the easiest cheapest decoy system for them. I had a bunch flying over Saturday.
                Road corn works really well.

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
                  That's what we started on. Killed a pile of them! Kind of like fish finders, have to continue progressing

I did that with my goose spread but I don't hunt cranes enough to buy anymore crane decoys! We usually just shoot them coming to the goose spread. I don't use it near enough anymore. Having kids limits my time to chase em! Boo.

It was always fun watching those cranes crash land in a dry field!

Comment

Working...
                  X