Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No cows this morning, guaranteed.

Comment

Stay... similar situation yesterday. In stand at 1030. Cows followed me in. Eat all the noon corn. They mosey off..... 300 here they come... no deer but got 2 pigs just after 530.

Comment

[QUOTE=MacDaddy67;14513257]We have over 1000 cattle on 600 acres....
        Plenty of deer around....

The only way that will work is with a feedlot. The deer will come around to scavenge feed when there is an intensive feeding program taking place.

Comment

B

b

gun

Comment

I keep a rubber blunt in my quiver at all times. Shoot em in the butt or the meaty part of the shoulder and they’ll usually leave. I used to shoot em behind the shoulder but quit that years ago after I thought I heard a rib break. Just my 2 cents

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TXUSMC View Post
              We have about 40 head on 400 acres.
              Seems very unlikely the cows are keeping the deer away from your feeder all hours of the day. There is something else that caused them to cut off from a feeder.

Comment

it either hit or miss with cows some deer dont care others do we dont have deer show up tell we close our gate in mid october

Comment

Horses are way worse than cows. There were five on my last lease. They were such a pain in the *** !!!

Comment

I think it just depends where you hunt. My lease has cows that don’t bother the deer one single bit. I see them walking within 10 feet of them all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Dakota7493 View Post
                      Can you run the cattle off? I get out and run at one and they normally stampede out. Might take some deer with them but it will settle down shortly after.
                      Funny...I killed a great buck on a chum stand after running and throwing limbs at cows! Thirty minutes later...BBD!

Comment

I’ve got cattle in the draw to my left working their way up right now. Shall I test your theory?!

Comment

Usually stay, if the deer can see them they usually wont spook but if cows come out after deer then they sometimes spook. Had better luck just ignoring them and they usually move on than, better than getting out to chase them and everything else in the woods off.

Comment

marbles and slingshot....some can be stubborn ...avoid the head

Comment

Working...
                            X