X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

great job.......

Comment

Originally posted by keatonskidmore View Post
      Is that young MFG BCG low mass? I hear good things about that brake. Shouldn't have too much recoil.
      No, its a standard BCG. I did have to trade some weight reduction with hope to reduce recoil as well.

Comment

Originally posted by DesertDug View Post
        Nice rig. Nothing light about your stock choice, but will help with recoil. Did yo get the adjustable gas black from SLR. I love mine. Sure he will love it no matter what.
        Their adjustable gas block was out of stock during the Labor Day Sale, so I went with the standard titanium gas block.

Comment

Originally posted by Maddox View Post
          No, its a standard BCG. I did have to trade some weight reduction with hope to reduce recoil as well.

If you use a low mass carrier and a light weight buffer and fine tune your gas, youā€™ll have less felt recoil. It sounds counter intuitive but itā€™s lowering the reciprocating mass. Like a sledge hammer vs a nylon hammer.

Comment

Nice.

Comment

Almost done with lightweight AR10

Great gift! I'd be nervous about recoil for a 7 year old, but that's just me. I'd definitely look at an adjustable gas block as well as something like the JP SCS for tuning out as much recoil as possible. Lucky boy! Hope you have a range at the house because he's durn sure going to want to shoot it Christmas morning! Lol! Good job Dad!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

8.8 lbs unloaded

Went with adjustable gas block and low mass BCG. Will see how well it works after Christmas.

Comment

did he get the 5.56 last christmas?

Comment

No, he has a 22. I have a 300 blackout im going to let him shoot as well. Im hoping with the adjustable gas system and low recoil hornady ammo this will kick more like a 223.

Comment

My 7y.o. shot my AR-15 earlier this year with no issues but i don't think id put her on my 10 yet. She never shot anything but a break over air rifle before that. I was proud of her she rang a man-sized steel@ 330yds too

Comment

He is 4ā€™8ā€ and 80lbs. Ill start him on the Lead Sled so he should be fine.

Comment

You changed stocks on it. I don’t think you will have recoil issues through an ar10 with the brake on it.

Comment

Yeah, Iā€™m going to take acs with us to the range and let him choose which one he wants.

Comment

nice

Comment

Had him shoot it off the lead sled once I got the adjustable gas block set. No problems and he loved it. He put 5 rounds in the red at 50 yards.

Comment

Working...
                                X