ND filters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ND filters

Ok I sold the Cokin system without a shot fired. Got tired of it staring at me from my desk.

I'd like to ask this, if you could have one filter in your arsenal for taming the water and sun, what would it be?

Bill, "taming" in what sense?

Comment

Danny as far as water, smoothing it out a bit and the suns glare and flare.

Comment

I bought a ND filter and strange enough it shoots with my Polar too. I lose a stop but when you turn the polar to the correct "reflection" I get the best of both, softening of the ND and correct "reflection" (deep or shallow) of the Polar.

One thing I will tell you I learned from experience (screw up) - buy the filters for your largest lens optic and then set downs for your other lenses. This way you can use your filters for all your lenses

Comment

How many stops is the ND Danny. What are you using the polarizer for exactly?

Comment

I have this ND filter and it performs well:
            欢迎下载皇冠体彩APP,尽享丰富的彩票游戏选择。提供便捷的游戏平台,实时开奖结果和高赔率,为您带来刺激的游戏体验。立即下载,体验无限乐趣!

Sample with ND Filter:

I also have a polarizer I use for better skys and to cut down on reflection when I need to. It was $55 when I ordered it a few months ago, up to $61.
            欢迎下载皇冠体彩APP,尽享丰富的彩票游戏选择。提供便捷的游戏平台,实时开奖结果和高赔率,为您带来刺激的游戏体验。立即下载,体验无限乐趣!

Sample with polarizer (knocked out the reflection on the water a bit)

The Hoya Pro1 is the same exact thing as the Kenko Pro1, but I think its sold for the asian market. I order from the website above quite often and it takes a while to get the filters but its much cheaper.

Comment

BTW... I liked my "cokin" system ( I had a cokin filter holder but another brand of filters)

I used it in this photo and it allowed me to get some color in the water...

Comment

Thanks for the input Kevin.

Comment

Working...
                X